Returning to the Dom Rep!

Fliss40

Aug 9, 2002
My friend met a really great guy on holiday (Puerta Plata) and has been in contact since. She wants to go back to see him. Can anyone tell us if it's easy to get a flight from England and then book accommodation (small hotel or B&B's)? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Fliss40 said:
My friend met a really great guy on holiday (Puerta Plata) and has been in contact since. She wants to go back to see him. Can anyone tell us if it's easy to get a flight from England and then book accommodation (small hotel or B&B's)? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

With a vacancy rate now likely at about 50% the hotel should be a slam dunk until around Thanksgiving (US) and Xmas.

Try expedia, travelocity, etc. for flights. Or a travel agent.

If he's a Dominican guy , tell your friend to take it cool.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
jazzcom said:
50% is benevolent. I think they would throw a party for 50%.

I was trying to an optimist, e.g. the town is 1/2 full vs. 1/2 empty.

I guess technically since it is probably only 10% full then I should be a pessimist. Since 90% empty sounds just as bad.

With the end of August even Boca Chica is quieting down as the flights to Italy crank up.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
1) Research in the Archives: Sanki pankis
2) there are always rooms for "that" if she is stupid enought to come back! What is with the men in England? Have they been neutered?
3) Be extremely cool--Go read Hillbilly's Three Golden Rules for Having a Relationship wiith Someone You Met While on Vacation!
4) this board has been extraordinarily kind and feeling, showing we are human after all.

HB ;(

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Good Luck to your "FRIEND"!

Why doesn't she post? Dominican men are really great! Tell your friend to marry this guy fast,before she loses him!He might meat another wonderful English girl like her! Crisco

Fliss40

Aug 9, 2002
Thanks you guys. Appreciate your comments.

Criss Colon: I agree with you - Dominican men are great - I'll pass on your advice - I think she'll like it! Lizzie doesn't have her own PC has to use work and it can be difficult.

mkohn, Robert: Have e-mailed Sofy's and they have sent me some info. Cheers

ricktoronto, jazzcom: Appreciate your advice and take on board the warning

hillbilly: English men do have a lot to learn! You sound rather cynical but I will check out the archives.

Cheers everyone!

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
I Don't Think it is the Same Lizzy

jazzcom said:
Ah, lizzy... quite a gal that lizzy...

Cheers

As silly disgusting eunech husband Lizzy, at least I hope not.

Fliss40

Aug 9, 2002
Definitely not the same Lizzy!!!! Lizzy posted today under her own name Lizzy32 - first time - for both of us really - so be gentle with us we are very new to this!!

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Read and Heed

What we discussed in the e-mail.

When are you coming back to DR - maybe C U there.

Maiko

Aug 30, 2002
British Airways and Jamaica Air fly direct from Gatwick, prices I dont know though

Nickie

Jan 25, 2002
Criss, Criss, Criss....

What a waste of sarcasm....losing your touch or your targets getting lamer??;)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Rummmmm.....rummmmmmmm.....rummmmmm-->> Hummed to the Theme from JAWS!
Criss, HB, Jazzcom, circling the innocent Lizzy........

HB ;)

Edited to say that it appears that Lizzy ain't so innocent after all...but the sharks are still circling....

Last edited: