Newbie just back from SD

rizzo

Aug 28, 2002
My first post since I ran across this GREAT message board. I was in the big city for 10 days, stayed on el conde (Hotel Commercial) nice but $70.00/day. Good location and I walked just about everywhere. I'm retired, good spanish and thinking of finding myself a nice apartment and setting up housekeeping. Just don't know if I could survive without a car and even if I had one, don't know if I could make it in the Santo Domingo traffic. Just returned this past Sunday, terrible connections out of Houston, too many stops, Miami-San Juan-SD. So many gorgeous women in SD and everyone very friendly. I met lots of nice folks and pretty Dominicanas, great food and cold Presidentes. I hope some of the folks in the know could tell me if living in the smaller coastal towns such as Sosua would be equally nice? I spent one night at a motel/resort AQUARIUM, but about the same price and just too quiet for me, out near the airport. I went back to Hotel Commercial next day. A great trip and I want to start looking around for a nice apt. soon on my next trip. Thanks for any info.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Yo Rizzo,

I like the North Coast and only go to Sto. Domingo if I have to. Sosua is nice but there are other towns such as Costambar I like better to live. You do need a car or a scooter but no biggie. Hell I drive in NYC so the DR is a breeze.

I pay 35 a night for a nice 1 bedroom, LR, Kit, DR and 2 full baths that includes a gourmet breakfast in Sosua. I think a motorconcho costs 5 pesos to anywhere in town but I rent a car when I am there and I am going next week.

I would sooner shoot myself than stay in Sto. Dom. Check out the North Coast. Way nicer, way cheaper than what you paid.

Regards,
Escott

rizzo

Aug 28, 2002
Thanks Escott for the info. I'm sure I'll try the north coast next trip and bypass all that traffic and congestion in Sto. Domingo. I've heard other good reports about the north coast from other travelers. Good luck on your next trip...

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Thanks Rizzo. Going next week but I will be hooking up with Shad and Bugsey in NY before I leave. Bugsey is just getting back on Sunday from the DR and we are going to meet and greet.

Post before you go so we can hook you up with some places an folks to make the trip more enjoyable. There are lots of fine people here that go out of their way to help travelers.

Regards,
Escott