debris found in Presidente beer

DRtechie

"everyday is a holiday"
Jan 27, 2002
phiota.net
This was on the NYC local news last night.

A bar owner reported that customers have been complaining about some sort of debris floating around in unopened bottles of Presidente. The bar owner said that this has been going on for a month and that numerous attempts to get resolution from the importer and the brewer have been unsuccesful. As a result the beer is being pulled off the shelves and many loyal customers have been turning away from the brand....defenetly not good news for Presidente.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Presidente doesn't really care. Over the years, it has happened several times at my bar and I'm sure at others. They don't even replace the contaminated bottles. When you show it to them they just look at you and smile. If you insist, they take the bottle for "analysis" (Yea Sure) they probably throw it out at the next corner. But they never replace it. Presidente are the worst company as far as customer service is concerned.(You can be that way when you have the monopoly) Let us pray for the arrival of another beer company. I for one would change and real fast.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
They have 99% of the market. Somehow I don't think another company has a chance. I have seen stuff in Presidente, but it's usually when it's old or been frozen, warmed, frozen.

You should take a good look at a glass of real English ale or bitter.
Ditch water they call it down't south...

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
With all the construction they have been doing at the Santo Domingo brewery to accommodate expanded sales in the US and other foreign markets, I'm suprised you didn't find a piece of 2x4 stud floating in the brew!

Pavan

Jan 18, 2002
nothing new

i think back in 1993 or 1994 a bunch of us were drinking presidente and the rounds were going on.

one of the guys when he was 3/4 down his presidente and getting to the enjoyable part found the end of a cigarette butt in the bottom.

how about that?

and yes eddy is right...everybody smiled and laughed and the colmado owner just said..

"quiele otra?"

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Heard today

The company has purchased about 15 acres of prime land in Puerto Rico and should have the new brewery up and running fairly soon. If the DRcontinues the insane economic policies that are currently on line and the utter stupidity of the Customs regulations, many of the large companies can pull up stakes in 30 days and go to Haiti or any of the Central American countries.

I keep getting the impression that the top government officials are believing the hype that is being published.

?FYI? Can you believe US$9 million per kilometer for the new highway to the East? According to figures in the Hoy paper!
1.9 billion pesos for 12.5 km of roadway!.

Jesus, Mary and Joseph!. Not even in California does a highway cost that much!!.... And they are stupid enough to publish this???

Sorry, rather depressed right now! have to go have a Presidente, detrius or not!.

HB ;(

andy a

Bronze
Feb 23, 2002
Why would anyone be drinking Presidente in NY anyway?

Presidente is great in the DR. It is just light enough to go down great in the sweltering heat - and it is served coollddd - half the reason for a beer in the DR in the first place.

In the US though, one may very well prefer a fuller bodied, premium, beer. For example Pilsner Urquell (sometimes critically acclaimed the world's best). If Pilsner Urquell is too high, Beck's and St. Pauli Girl, still excellent, are usually available for less than Presidente.

Finally, Stateside Presidente definitely tastes worse than in the DR.