Michelin Tires

Fulano

Jan 31, 2002
Does anyone know where you can purchase Michelin tires in the Santiago or Puerto Plata area? I noticed in the phone book that Atlantica was the distributor in the past, is this still the case? Thanks in advance for any information.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
On the cheap, but in S.D.

I bought 4 new Michelins (13") for $1100 at a place in Santo Domingo.

I thought that was a great deal, let me know how you do up North.

If the price is right, and you'd brave the trip into the big city I'll get you the address.

cleef

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
I just bought

a pair of racing Michelins for $11,000 at Hylsa in Santo Domingo. These tires would have gone for $2000 more somewhere else. Of course they just had a fathers day special which include free oil and filter change, a cap and a six .

You night want to check to see if they have a branch in Santiago.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Jealous? You so funny! On the Track I'll take bridgestones over those French rubber balls anyday. Asfor street performance Good-Year, Bridgestone/Firestone, Pirelli, Kuomo, Falken, Avon,Dunlop and Hoosier all make better performance tires. I would venture to guess that many of those brands would be hard to obtain in 3rd wourld areas like The DR and Atlanta!

Tony C.

French rubber balls come on get a grip made in Canada, and goodyear that what they are good for one f..ki... year, shit on wheels, I just bought a new Olsmobile here in Canada and made them take off the GoodYears or no deal on the delivery. Plain and simple Bridegstones or no deal.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
I bought new Pirelli's in San Pedro in Feb.

Better price than here in Canada too!! No doubt they're "seconds" but hey.....last ones lasted eight yrs.....

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Tony

Sorry, I overstated the racing bit. I meant street racing tires. Also in my haste I wrote Michelins. They are actually front 245/40ZR-18s Pirellis P-7000. I hit a pothole and got a bubble in one tire, so I had to buy the front pair.

My rears are 275/35ZR/18.

TW

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Mine are 31.5 x 10 x 15 Korean superduper stuff. last and they have been pretty good....But costly...about what Golo paid for his!!
hb
558.gif

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I buy "used" tires!!!

Just drive behind "Magna Motors" on Kennedy&Lincoln.Hankok tires are sold there.You can buy the used tires that "Rich Dominicans,(Oxymoron?) like "Golo" leave behind when they buy new tires.I got 4 "pre-owned" 15x225s for my "Vintage"Ford Aerostar Van for 900 pesos for all 4.That includes mounting and balancing! They looked like new last year when I bought them,and they look good today too!They charge about 350 for one tire,300 eack if you buy 2,and 225 if you buy four.If they don'y have the tires you want when you go,just leave a note of what you are looking for,and they will call you when something shows up.Best day to go is Wed.or Thur.,by then they have sold lots of new tires,and haven't sold all the used ones.CRISCO