British ex pats

ruggy

Jul 17, 2002
Are there any British people, now living in DR, who can give us information on moving to the Dr and the way of life over there, as opposed to living in England. Any information would be useful.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Escape from the UK, I know the feeling..

Just read the message board archives and all the info in the living section. You will get a pretty good idea of how life is in the DR compared to the UK.

The only way to really find out is come here and I don't mean a holiday. You need to live here, experience the way of life on a day to day level to know if this is for you.

Lot's of expats living in the DR, the majority of British expats live on the North Coast.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Where are you from? Are you married? What are you looking for the DR to do for you? Are you wanting to work over here, retire, or just 'Chill Out' after the rigours of British lifestyle?

We are British couple who moved here 10 years ago, aged 57 now but still young in head & body!! Read some of my responses in the archives & if you are thinking of the North Coast, think I can help further, drop me an e-mail. I have helped some 10 Brit. families relocate, plus a further 15 or so from other countries!!

Good luck - Grahame.

ruggy

Jul 17, 2002
Thanks for your reply.We are from London originally but now live in Norfolk, yes I am married. We are looking to chill out and semi-retire after many years of hard graft. I am 50 and my wife 47.(she'll kill me for letting that one out). We hope to come over in Nov to have a good look around as it has been a good ten years since we were last on the North coast. (Cofresi). Would be grafeful for any info u may have that will help us, we have been thriu a lot of the archives already.

Many thanks Geoff