entrepreuner

Ivor

Sep 4, 2002
HI
I am arriving in R.D.at the end of september i am first of all looking for for reasonable lodgeing in santo domingo. I would like to find a room which i can rent by the week or month,it should be close to all amenities.
I am a world traveller who has lived both in the u.s. and europe i spaeak engish,spainish,french and alittle german and italian. My background is sales,investments,real-estate and offshore services.i love to sell,i love to live.
I would be very interested to hear from anybody that may be able to give me some pointers or contacts.
Thanks for your time.
Ivor

lhtown

Jan 8, 2002
Ivor said:
HI
I am arriving in R.D.at the end of september

Of more interest to us than when, why and where will you be arriving? In other words, what are you planning to do or accomplish through your visit here, and what parts of the country do you plan to be in? Generally, business pursuits require a long investment of time in any part of the world to meet with much success. Are you planning or thinking of settling down here?

T

TiberiusMineola

New Arrival - Business Opportunities

I arrived here in similar circumstances @ 6 years ago. The best advice I received? From a [wealthy] Dominican business man! Learn the culture, learn the language, learn the ropes. Wait 3 years. Invest 0, buy nothing. After 3 years, you should be prepared to make a serious, perhaps permanent, career move. From an American-Pueto Rican lawyer: never buy a bar, restaurant, nor disco. After 6 years, great advice! All free!

rahim

Aug 16, 2002
My husband and I just got back from DR Santo Domingo.. we too are looking to reloate and I "pounded" the pavement last week.

Hotel Delta was a very safe and nice place.. It is an Aprt-hotel kind of pricing but about 1,000 US a month for everything. They have internet access