Is it time to bring him back?

JROD

Jan 3, 2002
Some of you may not agree with my comments but that's what makes democracy great ( name comes to mind, that of CRIS MAGILLA CULON. Yes, Culon). How many more innocent people must die or be kidnapped before something is done?. I say bring back GENERAL PEDRO DE JESUS CANDELIER to put out the fire. This muppet, Martes (whatever his name is) is not doing what he's suppose to do with all this SCUMBAGS. But then, what can one expect from the PRD. Just read the headlines, you'll get the point. Drugs smuggling by vice-counsel, police kidnapping and killing civilians, and the list goes on. Need I say more. I think not. Just thing for a minute: If you have money, you're screw because either you or a member of your family will get kidnap. and if you don't have, well, then you're screw.

I say bring back CANDELIER. So what, he'll waste a few tugs. There're far too many in DR, anyway.

VIVA CANDELIER !!!

JROD

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Call me anything you want,...............................

......except "Late For Dinner"!......and I agree with you 100%!!!!!!Blame it on Hipolito! He even stopped Candelier from enforcing the trafic laws! Hipolito said it was to hard on the "Poor People" and that Candelier should arrest the Rich Kids for driving to fast on Lincoln!CRISCO

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
OH Jeez! Make me four!! Today's headlines:

Electricity will be more expensive in order to pay for the electircity used in the poor barrios.

Looks like GOLO is getting closer and closer to the truth.

My son will be in the States for at least a year, running his businesses by long-distance, because his sons are targets....

Now we who work, have to pay for the lights to be on in the barrios where there won't, not can't, pay for electricity..

This is really gonna **** off ( or shit off, since the automated censor will *** out the word ****) a major sector of the population.

Call it what you want, but this populism will start some sort of reaction. I am pushing for a two month consumer's strike.

That 100% of all consumers of electricity, do not pay their bills for two months!!.. Let's see what Jode Norte, Jode Este and Jode Sur do without any money!!. the Bastards!

My favorite columnist, COCTELERA, has always maintained that the electricty distributors (Union Fenosa) are out-right thieves and that they "own" the government. Damn, but he is so right!!

HB, very pi$$ed off today!

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
No money for Electricity?.....then no electricity.....it should be that simple....however, if those that are well to do received their money by stealing it (as the Mejia cohorts are doing now)....then who's to say that stealing electricty is one of the few ways the poor can fight back?......if the policies and corruption of the govt and business are directly to blame for the increases of the basic every day needs like platanos, carne,etc (as they HAVE increased recently)....then I conclude that the "haves" are directly stealing from the "have nots"......

and so....yes....the poor should not steal electricity....but why not...if stealing is what is being taught by elite scum..

Additionally, is it a coincidence that nearly all utility and infrastructure is owned by foreigners?....this is not healthy...I can understand having the foreigners build these systems....but Dominicans should be in charge of these basic necessities...that way we are that much closer to those who are phucking with the populace....

Edited to Add: my comments are general and are not a reflection of any other posts on this thread.

Last edited:

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
The poor people are not recieving electricity anyways. I am confused. Why would they pay, if they are not receiving any electricity and if there is no proof of how much electricity, if they had it, would use. The government overcharges all the time, why should they trust what they say? They have no proof of payment, given to them. Why would they pay, if others are not?

I agree that with mondongo, that generally speaking the "haves" are stealing from the "have nots".

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
And in what category exactly do I fall? Cause I am not a "have", and I pay, religiously, for a service that is, at best, unreliable. If someone has to be pi**ed off is the so-called middle class. I think that is what HB is referring to.

Meredith

Jan 24, 2002
Whoa. Okay. But you still do have power. In Santo Domingo, what does it go off, maybe 2 hours a day? That is how much it went off when I stayed there. That is luxury. You shouldn't be getting mad at the poor people for not paying, but for the rich for stealing from everyone else.
I don't know about you, but at least you have electricity. The poor has none at all, or maybe 5 hours a day. Even, if they wanted to pay, they would still not get any more electricity than they already have. I have seen it.
Open your eyes, a lot more people have the right to be more pissed off about different conditions than you do. If they are charging you that much, then obviously you have it and are paying it and they will keep on charging you that much or more.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Meredith...

You obviously haven't spend much time in Santo Domingo lately... Right now we are all getting the same medicine, regardless of whether we pay or NOT.

Do other people have the right to be p**d off? Yes, they do. More than I? I don't see why.

Meredith

Jan 24, 2002
Okay Pib, I am not doubting your opinion, I am was actually just in Santo Domingo 3 weeks ago and the power only went off for a couple of hours a day. It of course depends in what area you are situated in. I was in Herrera. Of course, you have a right to get mad, if you are not getting what you are paying for because you are getting cheated too.
However, you can not say that you are all getting the same medicine regardless of whether you pay or not. Have you been to the campo lately? the barrios? bateyes? They are not getting the same medicine, they are getting far worse and are "much sicker". It's the truth, you can believe what you want.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Meredith said:
However, you can not say that you are all getting the same medicine regardless of whether you pay or not. Have you been to the campo lately? the barrios? bateyes? They are not getting the same medicine, they are getting far worse and are "much sicker". It's the truth, you can believe what you want.

Meredith, don't think I understand your point about power for the barios.

I live in Sosua in an area that pays. Our cleaning woman lives in Gaspar Hernandez in an area where most people (according to our cleaning woman) don't pay. We get considerably more electricity than she does. Should the power company provide as much service to the area she lives in as it does to the one I live in?

Of course, as Pib pointed out, it is all academic right now. We are getting very few hours of electricity, just as she is. Asi es la vida en la Rep?blica Dominicana.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Meredith, if we are STILL talking about electricity, I must tell you I am not disconnected from the realities of this country. My family lives in a campo, one where 90 volts is considered "high voltage", and where peaceful people were fed up to the point of burning down the offices of the electrical company.

I have work-mates that live in Guachupita, Los Alcarrizos, Manganagua. Actually the one that lives in Manganagua I give her a ride every day on my way home. I have been to all my workmates' houses. I know how they live.

Having said that, allow me to insist, we are ALL getting the same medicine.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Meredith said:
Whoa. Okay. But you still do have power. In Santo Domingo, what does it go off, maybe 2 hours a day?

I consider myself lucky that on average right now we only need to run the generator/invertor on for 5-8hrs daily. I have friends that are lucky if they get 5-8hrs of "real" electricity right now.

Sorry, but if you don't live here, you really don't have a real handle on the electricity problems and what it takes to overcome it day in, day out.

Now back to the original question posted by JROD...

I personally like Candelier and have absolutely no problem
He commands a lot of respect and people know he has a reputation
for getting the job done.

If a few eggs get broken on the road to producing a good cake, fine by me.

Meredith

Jan 24, 2002
Okay, I guess I forfeit.... and you guys really know nothing about me or where I have lived, I can tell..... I'll just drop it.....
Sorry JROD, about not sticking to the subject.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Actually Meredith...

I have paid attention to what you said. Believe or not. I know that you've done some work in bateyes and in the very poorest parts of this country. :) I don't have to search the archives for that. I don't doubt or dispute the underlying reasons why you feel some people are not treated as fairly in this country. You don't have to convince me, I've seen it with my own four eyes. But as we were talking about electricity, and the service in Santo Dominigo, I think you were a little misinformed of the daily life in Santo Domingo...

Back to the OP... bring on Candelier. Let's make him president!

Meredith

Jan 24, 2002
Pib.....

Why don't you have a PM button? You are a moderator, shouldn't you? I don't want to start bickering, but how can I be misinformed when I lived in Santo Domingo? I guess I lived there, saw how much electricity that I had, but I guess I misinterpreted what I lived in. Sorry about that. Pib, where do you live? (PM me)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Meredith,
When you have time, we would love to hear your report on the volunteer work you did. Where you stayed, the different areas and what you encountered.
Thanks

Meredith

Jan 24, 2002
Anna...

Sorry, it's been taking so long to get my report in. I just don't have the internet right now, except at work and I want to do a comprehensive job on it. My goal is completion on Thursday! :)

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Pib...............

You are just one of those middle class suckers who pay for everyone else, including rich people who steal electricity as much as poor people.

Be ready to pay much more, as the middle class now gets the next increase due to the elimination of the government subsidy you see at the bottom of your bill. Just look at the subsidy for any given bill and that will be your minimal increase.

By the way, you will also be paying for my electricity. I moved to a free-zone area where nobody pays and so far, Jodesur trucks would no even dare drive by. We burn them on the spot.

Yesterday we gave the police more hell than they can get in a 10 hour period this year. Their asses got burned for turning off our electricity for 12 hours. Of course, I had electricity all day with my handy 8 battery inverter. I had ice coming out of my ears. I even threw ice at the police. If Edesur cuts our cables, we set them up within minutes. Our own "TiguereSur" handles everything, including cable TV.

Of course, the poor does not have to pay for services. Things like garbage collection, electricity, cable TV, water are mandatorily free for the poor. Why? Because people like you, and formerly "me" had it all. We have have good streets, garbage collection everyday, little crime, sewer service, electricity, water all day, good schools, good hospitals...everything. But the barrios haver none of that. So why pay for a given right.

So keep paying PIB. We appreciate your patronage. I am sure you also voted for Hipolito, Leonel and Balaguer before.
TW