I need an apartment in Santo Domingo for December ~~~~~~~I am moving

jasencio

May 15, 2002
I am looking to move December 2002 from USA. I am looking for a 1/2 bedroom apartment in a safe/secure area in the capital. Nothinig to glam I know how to live there....200-400$ a month With carport if possible.......if not I'll be ok. I will be in Santo Domingo next Saturday. Please help me out.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
You'll be lucky to find something at that price that fits all your needs. Best advice is to look in the local classifieds when you get here.

cejay

Sep 11, 2002
www.decodesigncenter.com
leave me a way to get ahold of you, because my father-in-law in santo domingo has apartments for rent and buy with security, marble floor, electric, etc...... it's right on romelo betancourt ave in santo domingo. let me know and i'll see if i can give you his number to contact him and you can speak to my father-in-law about prices,etc.... cejay

mne01

Sep 5, 2002
Leaving in December

Maybe I could be of help. I will be leaving in the beginning of December. I don't know what the owner says but maybe you could move in after me. I just came here and I am staying in a very simple apartment, one small living room including a small (very basic) kitchen, and another, even smaller, bedroom. The apartment is very, very simple so it's really a question about which standards you require. I myself first thought it was a joke but I got used after just a couple of days (and it helped when I understood that everything in SD, expensive or cheap, is rather primitive and dirty). The neighbourhood, Gazcue, is safe and very central though. Between the Zona Colonial and the University area more or less. A middle class and office area basically. It is 4500 pesos (i think that is around $250, i am not american) a month and it has some basic furniture. I don't think there's a parking lot included but I wouldn't know. Write me an e-mail if you are interested and we can keep in touch.

BTW, does anyone know if I am paying a comparatively high or low price for my apartment? Is that what I can get for 4500 pesos or could I get a higher standard(or am I lucky)? And aren't there any apartment buildings in SD that have swimming pools?

Regards,

mne

Anita

Jul 10, 2002
I am moving to Santo Domingo in October. I am also looking for something simple, 1 bedroom, and not too expensive... if anyone knows about anything please let me know... (I am also looking regularly in Listin Diario)

Aina

jphilpotts

Oct 5, 2002
I will also be moving to the DR in December to study. If anyone can help, I am a single Mother and need something in a very secure, safe, yet inexpensive area. For those of you who have been looking, there are a couple of good postings with Remax Santo Domingo online, however, with that you get involved with commisions and fees. So beware of them. It's a good resourse for researching price ranges, though.