building under construction

aurelio espada

Sep 9, 2002
We need some information regarding a building being currently under construction in Santo Domingo. It is located in the corner of the Plaza Central shopping Mall. It has been under development for months and seems like no progress is reached. This building would have both office and retail space. We are having a lot of trouble to coordinate with the construction company since we do not live in the country. Every deadline given for the past two years has not been finalized.Also, every possible buyer seems to back up at the last minute.Do you have any ideas or information?
thank you

lhtown

Jan 8, 2002
Could you be more specific as to the exact location or at least some more details regarding the size or nature of the structure? I go to the mall once a month or so and have no idea what you are referring to.

Also, you could give Angel Adams a call. He is a lawyer who has an office on the second floor of Plaza Central. He is an honest and capable lawyer. I believe that he specializes in real estate although he does other things also. His phone number at the office is 809-872-0023. If you have trouble getting through to him, E-mail me, and I can give you another number.

Last edited:

aurelio espada

Sep 9, 2002
the building is located in the intersection of Winston Churchill and 27 de Febrero. It has been used as a parking lot and it has been developed to accomodate retail and office spaces. Currently , we have an offer to buy the whole deal, but as i told you before, it is almost imposible to coordinate the sale with the construction company, since they can not provide a name for the buyer. They have been negotiating for months and every final agreement seems to be postponed for months.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Not sure what you mean

Plaza Central is not in the corner, nor does it share corner space with any lot on Churchill and 27 de Febrero. Baninter has the Northeast corner, Banco BHD has the northwest, Plaza Lama has the southwest and a huge empty lot under excavation at times in the southeast corner has not yet been developed for anything including parking.

The only parking lot available in that area is in the corner across from what used to be the Supermercado Asturias, which went broke and had lots of legal problems with employees and debtors.
I don't believe the Plaza Central parking lot is up for sale. It is part of its infrastructure and mostly elevated.

Besides, everywhere you buy in DR there is potential for litigation. Just recently a Civil Assistant to the President was accused of taking over a Plaza Central space by force using government and court agents. Nothing is safe anymore with this government.

TW