Vida Silvestre?

mne01

Sep 5, 2002
I have read that there is a veggie restaurant called Vida Silvestre in Santo Domingo (it says here for example: http://www.concierge.com/santodomingo/resources/diningdrinking/)

I can't seem to find an address though. Anyone familiar with this restaurant?

The same goes for an a la carte veggie restaurant called Lotos which is mentioned in a handful of webpages including the one above but no address is to be found.

In the Footprint guide (from 1999) a restaurant called "El Vegetariano" in Calle Luper?n was also mentioned. I haven't gone there to look yet but a search on the web does not confirm that such a restaurant exists. Anyone heard of it?

Besides Ananda and Ojos (and possibly the ones mentioned above), does anyone know of other vegetarian or veggie-friendly restaurants in Santo Domingo (no fish)?

Sincerely,

mne

qjack

Mar 9, 2002
veggie rest

try the health store Madre Tierra 686-700 they are near V S rest. I forgot the address, if i find it, will post info bernie [phila pa]

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
Vida Silvestre is in Gazcue

It is a couple of block perpendicular to Ave. Bolivar, before the Maximo Gomez. The Peace Corps office is on the Ave. Bolivar and many people know the location of the restaurant as it is partly owned by a former PC Volunteer. I can look on the map tonight and give you the name of the cross streets. From which direction are you coming from? In carro publico?

qjack

Mar 9, 2002
Vida Silestre

i found it. hope this will help. rz-Vida Silestre c/cayetano rodriguez #153 682.7079 SD veggie rest bernie

mne01

Sep 5, 2002
Maybe I'd best put a note here in case someone who looks for this restarurant in the future is reading this thread. I went there and Vida Silvestre is apparantly CLOSED. I went there and on that address there was just an empty, closed down house. I asked a lady in a shop nearby and she wasn't sure but she thought there had been a vegetarian restaurant in the neighbourhood that was now closed.

Not so strange though if it had to be closed... What a place to locate your restaurant in. The street was totally empty of people and except for the children's clothes shop where the helpful lady worked there didn't seem to be any other businesses around either.

mne