Waiting for 18 days

iwaoarai

Sep 9, 2002
Hello! Anybody can give me a information about the circumstances of mail in the RD. I send a very important packege(12x9 an album) Aug,22nd from Antigua to Santo Domingo(air mail), Today Sep,9th. I am still waiting. Is this normal in the RD?

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
but especially so in the DR. While they do have post offices in several areas (and even a "mail carrier" now in Juan Dolio) they are by no means organized to actually sort and deliver mail other than in SD and maybe Santiago and POP. Has anyone ever walked into the back of the post office in San Pedro??
What a joke....!! Which is why many of us suggest sending important mail/packages via FedEx, DHL or to an EPS box. Much better odds of actually receiving it!

iwaoarai

Sep 9, 2002
Thanks for reply. You know what, Iam still waiting It's been a month. what a joke........ I sended to Japan same package, They recieved only 5 days you see ..how diffarent is I am so angry!

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
If you are waiting for it to be DELIVERED to you, .... you will wait for a LONG time. The delivery man on;y knows a few streets, has a push bike with two flat tires & only gets his mail for delivery every day the postmaster is in a good mood or been paid!!!

Mail from England gets into our PO Box (apartado) within 7 - 10 days of being posted in England - & THAT is coming via Sto. Dgo. sorting office!!! We have had mail in 4 days! It takes longer from USA or Canada, but of course that is not the Dom. Rep. poastal services fault!!

Try going down to the sorting office nearest you, talk sweetly to the man/woman in charge (Smiling a LOT & praising them on 'hair-do', smiling eyes or something. Offer to help sort through the mail because you know what the package will look like ..... And ASK FOR THEIR HELP!!! It is amazing how they will bend over backwards to try to HELP someone!! Good Luck - Grahame.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Arai? There used to be some judo players here ( Judokas) in the DR with that name...hummmmm

Anyway, that album is probably at the local post office..
have your friend go there and ask about it.

HB

Jerry

Jan 1, 2002
www.livinginsantiago.com
I sent a small package form Puerto Rico to Santo Domingo (air mail also). Took 6 weeks and she had to go down to the docks to receive it. Go figure. The only air that package saw might have been from one end of PR to the other.

Jerry

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I sent a package from Canada last November and they got it in April!!! The Canadian Embassy in Santo Domingo sent a letter to Puerta Plata on Aug 2nd and it still has not arrived.

BushBaby, you are so right. A little compliment, a little small talk and sometimes a few pesos go a long way to getting your mail.

iwaoarai

Sep 9, 2002
HI Planner, Thanks for a information. now I feel much beter I was gonna ask to my friend to go to chek the post office. But, I change my mind. I don't care anymore how long it dose takes. I will wait wait wait.... I am kind of interesting when will be reciev