Does the "chat" not work here?

This is from the chat page help sheet:

Secondly, ensure that your computer is capable of running our software. Chances are most likely that your computer can run our chat software. Often times; however; users may disable a specific feature on their web browser that may cause problems. Ensure the following features are enabled on your computer's web browser:

Java?
If you are running a version of a Microsoft Windows ? and see only a broken link icon, you will need to download a copy of the Java? Virtual Machine in order to run our application. You may download Java? Support for your browser from one of the following links below:

Microsoft Virtual Machine (for MSIE)
Sun Java? Plugin (for Netscape, Opera, MSIE, etc..)

Older versions of Netscape (on certain platforms) such as v4.08, and v4.7x may not run our software. We strongly recommending upgrading to a newer version of Netscape (v6.xx or better) if this is the case. Certain browsers running on Macintosh platforms are not capable of running our software due to problems outside of our control. As WebTV does not support Java?, WebTV users will not be able to access our chat rooms.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Hey...now I have a computer at home...Finally!!!

When do we meet for a "chat"?

Can we set up a "date" where everyone can join?

Any suggestions?

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
I had trouble getting into the chat. I just kept hitting on it...about 20 times and finally it worked! Tehn I added it to my favorites list and I can access it all the time now! The problem I am having is the favorites list on the MSN Explorer had the chat on it. And now I can't open the explorer...its the one with the butterfly. I can't get it to open anymore so back to the slower internet explorer. Finally got the chat to open today and put it on my favorites list here so I'm back!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
It may be on your "favorites" list.......

but there's no-one there!!
Guess everyone is too busy trying to post msgs on the forums to increase their chances of "garnering" the prize.
I've checked in several times in the past 24 hrs and the chat room has been empty each time!!!

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Try these times

I usually don't enter the chat room during the workday hours, as I don't have the time to spend an hour or so chatting. Quick posts "on the fly" to the board is about all I can afford to do. I suspect it's the same for many, if not most, of us. I do usually check the chat room @ about 10 pm, and again between 11-11:30 pm, as that's when I usually find folks there (except on Friday nights). Must admit, though, most of the nights this week when I've checked, nobody's been in, not even the usual "gatekeepers," dms and Shads. :)
Regards,
Keith

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
It's still empty Keith.....and it's now 10:45PM!!
I've checked in several times today......
I still think it's cause everyone is trying to be the 100,000 post!!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
It it was Villa Trina......

he left to go pick up his kids and must have left the computer logged in to the chat!
I was there for a while and chatted briefly with him before he had to go.....

Keith

Keith&Cris said:
I finally found someone logged onto the chat, but they didn't/wouldn't/couldn't answer me!! :(
Anyone who is logged in to the chat with DSL, Cable or satelite connection will show up as being there but quite likely have the screen minimized and are off doing something else, thus no answer. Or as MommC said left the computer running while running another errand.
We have even tried a chat room with <b>live voice</b> in Pal Talk and it work quite well, but many people had trouble configuring their machines or did not have a microphone or speakers. So it kind of died.