Hotels in Santiago

Rick

Feb 21, 2002
Can anyone give me the name of a few good hotel's in Santiago, and the price range...

Thanks!!!!!!

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
Ok here

Hodelpa Gran Almirante
Aloha Sol

These are very nice business class hotels. Perhaps Hillbilly can tell us of any new openenings. I heard there was a Crown Plaza due to open. Is it yet?

M

misterchicago40

OK I know this is an old one I was thinking of starting a new thread here on this But I see this one was not answered,, I am here on a budget and want to live possiby in Santiago for a 1000 a month,, I will not pay USA Gringo prices too or stay in a poor barrio too,, Just asking to stay in a monthly cheap hotel if I can get it near the 200 range just under or over,,, Now Please I am asking for help here not problems,, another thing is if I can stayin a pension guesthouse with a family,, I am being fair here and weant to live like a local but not in the poor barrio either and not like some high ass gringo spender,, Why is it so hard on this forum to get help like this???

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Because you're so rude.

As has been pointed out, the information is all there, if you cared to look for it, instead of reviving ancient threads.

Is this because you haven't worked out how to start a new one?

In the unlikely case that we decide to allow you to stay on, mrchicago, I doubt any poster will bother to reply to your posts, unless you start phrasing your requests and replies differently.

M

misterchicago40

WELL I am looking you see too a lot of those old posts on Santiago were not answered??? I am sorry but 500 to 700 irked me All I Need is a simple room or very small studio??? Is that asking for too much??? and please No cheap barrio posts back to me,, WOW IM sorry people on all this...

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
why do you insist on asking the same questions over and over, expecting answers you're clearly NOT going to get??? Accept it, the people on this forum do not know where to find hotels or apartments for "$200 or under" a month. You keep mentioning "gringo prices"...are you a gringo? If you're not and you speak Spanish, and can pass as a local, come here and try to find your $200 apartment in a nice neighborhood. You keep mentioning "you know" there are nice places in your price range...then why do you keep asking?

You ask why it's so hard to get help here...as I said, you keep asking the same question, many people are trying to help you, but because no one knows a nice place to stay in Santiago or Santo Domingo for less than $10 a night, you act like a a**hole...

Please...accept the fact that unless you live here, or know someone who does (even then it's doubtful), you are likely NOT going to find a decent place for $200 (or less) per month...and stop being annoying!

M

misterchicago40

OH I AM annoying now,, Why is that??? I bet you post on other forums AND attasck people too,,Look Chirimoya I got insulted here Will this guy now get an infraction here??? I bet you not,, I have read in travel books you can get what the locals get in Santiago for 200 a month and No not in some beat up barrio,, Yes I keep asking the same questions cause I want help on this,, I see that one post before me someone mention 400 a month and they have a bunch of rooms So me asking I am not doing nothing wrong at all lets hope Chirimoya gives this person an infraction for insulting me.

I see nothing insulting here, just a few opinions which you may not like but certainly not attacks.

Repeatedly asking the same questions which are answered, albeit not with the answers you wish to see, will simply result in deletion of these repetitive duplicate questions. If and when this becomes a nuisance to the moderators, a discussion on our forum may well result in sanctions against you and/or others who get wrapped up in your antics.

Play nicely...

Gregg
Mod.

Last edited by a moderator:

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
mrchicago, A few minutes ago I asked for you to be banned...then I read this post and you asking for me to get an "infraction". Are you nuts?

And to answer your question, no, I DON'T post on other boards and attack people...and have never done it here either. You are simply the most annoying person I have ever seen post on a this or any other forum. I don't know why you annoy me this much, but you do. Probably because I know every single poster who has tried to help you has done so for no other reason then to try to help you...a complete stranger...and you have done nothing but responded with insults, rudeness, and idiotic comments.

Please, for everyone's sake, just go away...

Last edited:
M

misterchicago40

IM Sorry OK I had a stressful morning here Just why so hard to ask for a cheap place Here,, I am sorry ok Chirimoya too accused me of attacking someone too when i told Chirimoya that post was great,, Oh MY Gosh im just asking for help here Sorry everyone.. Sorry On this sorry Davidz and to Chirimoya that person mentioning the 400 posted Great,, I never said nothing bad to her i thought what she said was helpful read again,, WOW sorry for all the confusion I apologize..

Mar 2, 2008
Misterchicago,
I hate to be the one to break the news, but David has been more than polite with you, given your attitude.

You might have noticed that David has 1,470 posts on this forum. He has consistantly offered good and beneficial advice to many people seeking information for a number of years. His reputation speaks for itself.

The way you have started out here, I doubt very much if you will last nearly as long as David, or many others for that matter. People have been very patient with your senseless attacks and overall foolishness, in my opinion, and you should know enough to back off and listen to those who know more than you.

Give it a rest Chi-town. You're not making any friends.

santiago2008

Apr 24, 2008
yayyyy fireguy lol

sometimes its imposible to dont get mad at this kind of people...

i was one who replied to him but he keep asking the same thing and this become annoying....

and he keep talking about a damm book that supposly explain how to live in a low budget...less than 200 usd ??? damm book hahahha

he will end up sleeping down a bridge with his book as a pillow lol

peace to all lol

MissionDoc

Dec 16, 2006
This guy has been doing the same thing over on the Thorntree travel forum (Lonely Planet) posting the same questions over and over, getting belligerent when he doesn;t get the answer he wants, and spewing disinformation about places he's never been to... Please don't ban this guy on DR1 then he'll be over on TT fulltime. Not sure where he gets the time to post all this stuff but he doesn't seem too stable. People have been tolerant of him to a point but he has a way of ****ing you off really quickly. Unfortunately he's savvy enough to know how to p.m. you also so God forbid if he starts that with some of you here. I warned Marco about him but obviously he got over here first. Good luck with him. I keep suggesting he goes over to myspace or facebook but I have to assume he's worn out his welcome in several forum communities.