Where's better for nightlife/fun Puerto Plata or Punta Cana?

Status
Not open for further replies.

venusianvixen

Sep 13, 2002
My girlfriend & I are looking to go to Dominican over xmas and want to go where the party?s at. Any suggestions?

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
venusianvixen said:
My girlfriend & I are looking to go to Dominican over xmas and want to go where the party?s at. Any suggestions?

It is the Dominican Republic ( or "DR") - the Dominican would refer to a person who is from there.

Do you want all inclusive or a hotel and a town with bars and clubs etc? I would think all the AI's are equal, in that they are kind of dull.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Puerto Plata, I don't think so!

Santo Domingo is the party city of the DR, but if your looking to
combine a beach then maybe Puerto Plata or Caberete is your best option.
All depends on what type of vacation you want?

1 - Santo Domingo
2 - Santiago
3 - Puerto Plata/Sosua/Caberete
4 - All the others....

Robert is correct, when you are speaking of excitement in cities, but if you are just looking for an AI with a beach and disco's that scenario is really up in the air, I personally would lean towards Punta Cana because of its beaches. But that is only my opinion, I am sure others have theirs as well and are entitled to it.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Punta Cana has the nice beaches and hotels, but all hotels are all inclusive and have their own little disco which is boring. Punta Cana really has no 'town' except little Bavaro.

I would stay in one of the hotels at Playa Dorada, Cofresi, or Cabarate (all near Puerto Plata), you can have the beaches/AI disco, and local bars and clubs all at the same time.

Just my opinion though

Status
Not open for further replies.