Helping the dominican republic

Handel

Sep 15, 2002
Hi everyone,
I visited the dominican republic in june for the first time and fell in love with the country. So much so, that I've decided to move there possibly next year june. However, I don't want to find a job and live out my life as some expat. I was moved by the poverty and struggle of the dominicans, and I really want to do something to help improve the state of the country even if just on the smallest of scales initially. My field is ecology, and I am attempting to develop a project that involves creating a sustainable community. A place where locals and any other persons interested,help to create a community lifestyle of voluntary simplicity, light ecological footprint. A model to showcase true sustainable living that can be applied to other communities around the island. Its ambitious. Its also gives hope and inspiration to others who may want to change the state of the country and have no heros or models to serve as guides.

I'd like to start a rap session with a couple people who know the dominican republic well. Maybe we can put heads together to make some ideas become concrete