Editing/deleting posts... or do the idea of Moderators suck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hurt

Deletion

Pib said:
Yes, some posts were edited. Yes, one was deleted. If we all refrain from personal attacks this will not happen again and this thread will not end up in the Archive 13 along with the other one.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Pib;

I assume you to the the editor of this forum? Would you be so kind as to point out why my post was selected for deletion?

I wish to abide by your guidelines and I fail to see where my post differed from others, with the exception that I refrained from personally insulting others, is that a crietria for posting; insulting other persons?

Kurt

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Pib, I can't believe you deleted the post about having China as the world policeman. That was just plain IGNORANT!!! Now I know why I stayed out of here for the most part.

BAD MODERATOR!!!! Hell most of it was quoted back in my reply if not all of it and there wasn't anything offensive in it.

How about deleting the whole post when they take shots at the US for no reason and having nothing to do with the thread? I am referencing MommC's and Harolds posts that gratuitously knock the US. As a US citizen I resent it and I am getting pretty tired of of their petty jealousy and insulated view on life.

Is that out of your realm of importance in your quest to moderate this area?

I am going to open with Missing_dr and all the others that didn't like the silly moderation of this forum.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
We better do this in a new thread

If the post contained a personal attack it was edited/removed. The rules are posted in a sticky thread in the DR Debates forum. If you wish to change the rules or change the moderators, feel free to request it to Rob.

Ask away. Now I'll be more than happy to get in the fracas. :)

Last edited:

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Ok... I'll add something to the above. As you may remember the other thread started after I called for order was closed by Rob when a poster called another one a "bad word". Too bad, it seems like people cannot have a dispassionate discussion without resorting at the end to calling each other names. A good thread could end up in the gutters. Apparently I have more faith in you people than Rob, the thread remains open and you have the opportunity to go defend your point of view without ending it like "la fiesta de los monos".

If the best argument you can use is calling someone names, I'd suggest you breath deeply and then you may a) refrain from posting in that thread or b) use your god-given intelligence and try better. I know you can. We all at least know how to type, a sign of a minimal intelligence. You have the opportunity to enlighten us, teach us, inform us. Please use it.

H

Hurt

I resent your using my name to start this thread

I resent you usuing my post to start a thread saying "do moderators suck"
You have used your options to make it appear as though I posted that query, which I definetly did not!!

I do believe some are seriously lacking in objectivity, but I have yet to make a personal "attack"

<b>I again call on Pib to explain why she selected my post for deletion under the "Superpowers" thread, if anyone was personal and calling people names, it was surely not I.. It now appears my request for a qualification for my deletion has resulted in your (PIB) attempted subterfuge to make it appear as I am insulting the moderators. I hope everyone knows I did not start this thread, but it was moved from the "Superpowers' thread where I first asked for an explanantion of the arbritray deletion of my post</b>.

kurt

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Oh my god!

Hurt did not start this thread. I REPEAT, Hurt did not start this thread! If it wasn't clear enought in my post I will say it again. Hurt DID NOT start this thread!

We also need a bigger :rolleyes:

H

Hurt

The original issue is still avoided

Pib

Thank you for remarking that while I did not start the thread, you fail to mention how it came about!

<b>We all make mistakes, some of us just seem to have a problem saying "I was wrong"</b>

You still fial to address my three previous requests as to why my original post under the "superpowers" thread was removed. why are you so defensive about this issue

kurt

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Sock puppet in the house!!!

Some people are so predictable and very sad.
They really must have a sick fascination with DR1?

Yes, Hurt is a another poster that frequents this board with many handles.
At least he's not trying to be female this time, then again, no accounting for peoples taste in underwear?

What I find amusing is I can never tell, it's other posters that email me and point him out, too funny!

Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.