Casa Marina Beach vs Casa Marina Reef?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I live in Sosua but have never stayed at the hotels. So need to ask for advice.

I have a large group of relatives coming for a visit in late November. No small children. Nearly all will be around 30 or older. They have indicated they want to be on the water, and don't want a bargain-basement hotel. I recall from a previous visit that they do enjoy participating in activities in the evening, and also enjoy a disco. One of the possibilities that I was considering is the Casa Marina complex. Should they opt for that, would it be better for them to go to Casa Marina Beach or Casa Marina Reef? I realize guests in one can use the facilities of the other, but I'm wondering which of the two has the best ambiance. (Does anyone know if using the facilities of the other includes the restaurants and bars?)

Would you rate one higher than the other, or are both equal? They have indicated they would like at least 4 stars, but I've explained that hasn't been Sosua's market so far.

Last edited:

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
The Reef is newer than the Beach. As for the food, I'm sure it's from the same kitchen.

Art Covey

Jan 2, 2002
Ken

I have stayed at both, facilities of the other DOES include the restaurants and bars. In most of the tour brourches the Casa Marina Reef is usually rated 1/2 star higher than the Beach.

The Reef

- Rated 3-1/2 star
- Has the show facility
- Nicer LARGE pool
- Nice SHADED area with trees and great ocean view
- Rooms are all very similar (newer)
- Older 30+ groups

The Beach

- Rated 3 star
- Has the disco ( may be a -)
- Has 2 pools
- Has the beach
- Some rooms ?
- Younger groups

Both provide good access to the rest of the beach properties and townsite, a GREAT mixture of resort and DR exploration. I enjoyed both BUT prefer the Reef over the Beach.

Hope this helps
Art

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I have stayed in the reef many times. They have a nice jacuzzi and I think they have built another one. Also they have a hammock near the beach and a bar over looking the ocean. Very romantic atmosphere if you are accompanied. Food is also good so is the entertainment at night. If you are going to rent a number of room than make sure you ask for a discount. If you bring in 10 people than you can probably stay there for free with your wife. If you don't ask, you won't be offered the deal. Good luck

Poetin

Oct 29, 2002
www.gamers4ever.net
I've just returned this saturday from Casa Marina Beach. I must say it's a very good resort. IMHO there's no difference between the Reef and the Beach except for 2 things: The beach is 100 meters walking from the Reef and 50 meters from the Beach Resort and the resort exit faces different directions. That's all.

Furthermore, you can eat and enjoy the drinks at both, Reef and Beach. They are combined you know. Personally, when I come back next year (probably June) then I defenetelly will go to the Beach part. That's because of the nice bar 10 meters away from the resort exit. Can't remember the bars name though... pretty silly isn't it?

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Ken
Definet ly the reef,go look at sosua bay club too i was inside during the jazz festival and it impressed the hell out of me,no small feat since ive worked in many hotels on this island,personally however i really enjoy sosua by the sea,for the attmosphere and the owners are great people,go see Walter or Joe and im sure you can get a good deal as well,if you want i can find out for you,pm me
Johnny