Beautiful Jarabacoa

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Not registered

We recently returned from the long awaited escape to Jarabacoa, WOW!. It is incredible, the difference of this region from Santo Domingo and Boca Chica is like trying to differentiate between New York City and Sequoia Park.

Suffice to say, we had a great time Rafting, riding, hiking and tasting a few local beverages.

I encourage you all, especially those that have developed their entire concept of the DR from this board, go to Jarabacoa, you will quickly understand that the Dominican Republic that is portrayed here is NOTHING, and I do mean nothing compared to the real thing

Janice

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
How about a trip report?

Details, places, people etc etc.... The good the bad and the ugly!

N

Not registered

Rob;

I would write a very detailed report, relating the white water rafting, horseback riding, hiking and success of the "bonding" experiences of this great trip except for one problem: Past experience on this forum leads me to believe that it would only beget "you didn't really do that," that's not fair to Dominicans," you really couldn't have done that," tell me the middle name and date of birth of "Jose's" youngest child etc." to prove to "us" that you were really there

We had a great time, take it from there.

Suffice to say, Ranch Bauigate is a wonderful nature experience, they bend over backward to make certain you receive the full "treatment," the weather was perfect (River was a little low), the experiences great (The horses were not descendent of Man O' War, but oh well), food great if you are willing to take a little "chance" on something new (They would prepare anything we wanted if someone was squeamish about local cuisine)

The weather was sunny and warm, cool at night, contrary to "reports," we seldom saw a mosquito.

All in all, I would recommend this trip to anyone that likes being outside instead of an all inclusive "beach resort,", it certainly opened my eyes from my only other DR experiences, Boca Chica and pessimists on this message board (and that is not all encompassing, you all know which I address that comment to)

Janice

N

Not registered

Pib

You better than anyone, except maybe Robert, realize this board is anything but a democracy, so don't bother to vote

JANICE

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
"they bend over backward to make certain you receive the full "treatment,"

Sounds to me like you got sankied!

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
[B]Mcinbrass[/B] said:
"they bend over backward to make certain you receive the full "treatment,"

Sounds to me like you got sankied!
Heh!

Shame on you MC, shame on you. Now, now Janice, tell us. I might re-trace your steps.

Last edited:

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Yeah! I'd like to hear about it!

having ever only done the All-inclusive once when we were in the DR the first time I enjoy reading about others experiences in the "real" DR, especially when it is to an area I have yet to visit. (I know I keep saying next year then something always comes up!!!).
Maybe there will be something in your report that I can point out to the "other" half that will pique his interest so it will become a "must do" this year!!

Surely you can hold your own against the "naysayers" on this board.....otherwise just ignore 'em like the rest of us!!

N

Not registered

Mom C and Pib

If you like, send me an email to janicepita@hotmail.com and I will write a detailed message when time allows.

I have no intention of becoming involved in the bickering that existed last time I was posting on this board, I already have "my hackles up" over few posts, far too easy to become off track and become involved in personal issues v. the subject matter

Janice

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
I don't remember any time when there was any "bickering" in the Travel Forum. And have a little more faith in us, it's not like we DR1'ers are ALL a bunch of whackos.

Oh well... we were just hopeful you shared your "Great Jarabacoa Adventure" with us. I was sure I was going to enjoy it. You can email me anytime, just click under the email button under my handle.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
It's approximately 5 hours on Caribe lines from Punta Cana to Jarabacoa.

QUOTE]Originally posted by Todd

Where is this place located in location with punta cana? [/QUOTE]

Bugsey34

Bronze
Feb 15, 2002
Yeah Janice, I doubt people will complain about something posted on trip reports or the travel board. But since so many people want email reports, why don't you type one up and send it to all those that request it by email? Put me on the list.

Waiting patiently...

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
If posted under the trip reports section....

it would also be available via the archives for anyone else looking for info for a future visit to the DR.
And Pib is right.....we all do our bickering in the "proper" forums.;)
Especially since the new forums have been added. If you've been playing "catch up" on the threads you'll see that it's really been rather boring lately.....not much bickering at all and definitely not in the travel,living or legal forums so post away.
It would be a shame to deprive all the readers of DR1 of a report that I'm sure will be very descriptive and informative.....
Go for it!!
I promise you won't get any hassle at all (at least not from me .....but that only goes for the non-hassle forums;) )

N

Not registered

Mom C has personally taken away any interest or incentive I have for posting a trip report regarding 13 US Citizens enjoying a 14 day retreat in the mountains of the DR.

As it is my PERSONAL experiences and my personal decision to either write such a report or decline, it is a fact that she has as you say, "deprived" any readers of such a report

As such, there is no one but Mom C to thank for such actions. This being knowledge of the person making such a decision (first hand) it is factual and not subject to argument, Mom C is the cause for no trip report, no other reason. It is not a Canadian issue nor a US issue, a Mom C issue so please discuss any relevant complaints with her as I have no further desire to communicate with her directly or indirectly.

You may or may not have had any interest in such a report, but Mom C by and through her actions has prevented any such report from being published. End of that story.

No, not thin skinned but I have better things to do with my time than argue with people that have serious problems in viewing anything from other than their own very tiresome views, deeply and long ingrained.

Janice

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Touchy, touchy aren't we???

And no ....you may not blame me for your actions in not posting a report! I'm not entirely sure what your problem with me is but you've been all over me since you first started posting on DR1.
I also will be departing on a trip to Europe very shortly and will be personally "guiding" several Americans on a "grand tour" of four countries....so the fact that you're American can't be it! I will also be bringing four Americans with me to the DR this year and I'll be posting their trip report when they return home.

Read through the many reports that have already been posted....by many different nationalities. If I have made a comment at all on any of them it has only been positive and appreciative......so to anyone else who is reading this...please do continue to post your reports. I and many others enjoy reading them!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.