Groove Break Oct. 10-14

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Does anybody have any detailed info on the Groove Break festival coming up in October? Its supposed to be the first electronic music festival in the DR and I was wondering if any well known international DJ's will be performing.

I have clicked on the ad here at DR1 but it reall does not give any detailed information in terms of artists/events.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Contracts for some of overseas DJ's are still being negotiated.
If your familiar with these type of events then you know true itineraries are published just a few days before. Lot's of ego's in this business ;)

Are you going to see Carl Cox, Sasha, Fat Boy Slim etc?
No, the DR right now just doesn't have the facilities, size or level of audience... Yet! Plus it would be financial suicide for a promoter to bring a name like that in right now.

Will you get to hear some up and coming better known international DJ's? Yes!
Will their be some awesome parties? Yes!
Will you have a great time? Yes!
Will you get any sleep? No!

As soon as I have a fixed itinerary I will post it on the board and update the page. Watch out for a few surprises...

We are working at making this a great alternative spring break location. Lots more big events are going to follow.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Hi,

Of course I didn't expect big names like that, I was just wondering if I'd recognize a name from Miami (where I hang out occasionally on South Beach) or from my CD collection. I used to DJ myself so I know a lot of names.

I am very excited for this festival as I heard enough Merengue and Bachata in the last 3 months to last me for the next 20 years.

Keep me informed of any developments and if they are looking for a DJ that can play some good Trance and House, let me know, I live in Cofresi not far from all the action. I used to DJ in the only techno club in Nassau, Bahamaboom, on Friday nights.

HeidigM221

Aug 29, 2002
The Party

Hiii !
I have a couple of friends that are djs in DR, (Abacus & Fusion Rose) and I was under the impression that Groove Break was happening at the end of October... My friend was asked to open for Sven Vath, he's considering it. I think it's in Playa Grande, not sure. I too have been searching for 411 on "The Party", as I like to refer to it, to no avail.
But, I'll be there!!

;)

maggiemay

Aug 31, 2002
Groove Break

Check out the 809k.com website there are details of an event like this in October...but the dates mentioned there are different to yours, could be another one. It will be in Cabarete and I believe there are a few DJs coming from overseas.....it's under cocoon or something like that. Hope this helps

HeidigM221

Aug 29, 2002
809k !! WOW thanks so much !
A website about electronic music in DR........ who wouda known!
:cool:

See you there! ;)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Cocoon is not a club here, it's just the name of the event. The last I heard they are still looking for a venue. It was originally planned for the Juan Dolio area, then it moved North, now I'm not sure.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
As of today, Cocoon has no venue. They are still trying to find a venue. Where will it be? Who knows...

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Josh Wink is not coming, he cancelled. I heard today that it will be on Caberete beach, local DJ's.