DR from Phila

ArJay

Jan 1, 2002
Checked into an open-jaw ticket phila-pop-tampa-phila and it's pretty reasonable especially considering it's flying at Christmas.

Thank goodness for the little things in life. whooo whooo. Here I come!

andy a

Bronze
Feb 23, 2002
Mind giving us a ball park number?

Prices I have seen around Christmas are close to $1000. without the added expense of open jaw.

Please fill us in.

ArJay

Jan 1, 2002
phila to DR

I used travelocity's site. I asked for a few different dates but all were around Dec 12th phila to pop, Dec 21 pop to tampa, Dec 25th tampa to phila. I also checked using Newark instead of phila and that came up comparably as well. I'll be buying the tickets this week so I'll soon find out if it was a scheduling fluke or not.

There was always an intermediate stop in Miami so the trip time was usually 5 to 7 hours per leg. The Airline was American.

ArJay

Jan 1, 2002
this morning

Travelocity

NYC-SDQ FROM: New York All Airprts (NYC)
TO: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (SDQ)
PRICE: NEW PRICE WAS DIFFERENCE
--------- ------- ----------
$225.00 $256.00 -$31.00

Pepe

Jan 1, 2002
Finally, PHL to PUJ. What a thrill!!

Hot off the press. USAir to begin flying from Philadelphia to Punta Cana beginning 12/14/02. Subject to government approval.

The sale fare is $125 each way based on required round trip and you have to make purchase by Oct. 3. Philly to SDQ is $150 with the same requirements. www.usairways.com.

Ideal for those living in PA, southern NJ, western NY and heck why not? even Canada.

There is plenty of reasonably priced parking around the Philly airport and it's cheaper by the week.

ArJay

Jan 1, 2002
Pepe...... PHL to PUJ

Hey , That's cool! Now I'm getting all excited.

I just moved to So. Jersey from connecticut. My former favorite connection, non-stop from JFK will be missed, but now there's new things to explore.

Previously I've spent most of my time around puerto plata and I notice a good part of the posters are partial to it. Is there a dyed in the wool punta cana contingent here too?

So many choices........

Being a planning fanatic, I'm weighing ( to the nth degree ) the pluss'es and minus's of getting a PATCO train to the airport or driving there and parking. I guess you'd recommend parking.

Is long-term parking at the airport the way to go or , are there private lots? I've never been an airport parker since from my home in Connecticut we had a shuttle service.

Thanks

Pepe

Jan 1, 2002
PHL Parking

There are many private lots, specially around Essington, 5 or 6 miles from the airport.

I recomment the ones around that area because the one right at the airport is for pick-up/drop-off and charge by the hour. The next closest one- about a mile - is very expensive.

All private parking losts have free shuttles and on your return all you have to do is call a toll free number for pick-up. A couple of bucks to the driver will keep him/her happy.

I could post a couple of places with addresses and phone numbers if anybody wants and if the board permits.

ArJay

Jan 1, 2002
Pepe...... parking

Thanks, appreciate it. Look forward to living in this area and having the airport so close by.

Last edited: