Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mejia vs. Fernandez?

Who will be the next president of the Dom. Rep.? Will
    he/she make a positive difference between 2002-2006?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Well based on the past performence of the Dominican electorate Hipolito will be reelected.
    and that will be a disaster for the country.

Goddess
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't bet my money on that Paul. But I wouldn't bet against it either. The thing is that if things don't improve I think that His Dumbness will be soon retiring back to Gurabo... if there's a god up there.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone think that PRSC will make a stand?
    Maybe Jacinto Peynado?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by Villa Trina
    Does anyone think that PRSC will make a stand?
    Maybe Jacinto Peynado?
    We'll see if they can get together behind one candidate. Even so, they are presently #3 behind PRD and PLD with respect to the number of votes they can give their candidate. The best hope to defeat Mejia is for PLD and PRSC to join forces as they did when Leonel won the presidency.

Current polls indicate that Leonel is the most popular of the likely candidates. Not the polls mean much more here than they do anywhere else on election day.

Motorcycle MANIAC
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Balaguer will resurect,win the election and fix all our current problems

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default JAJA

Originally posted by JOHNNY HONDA
    I think Balaguer will resurect,win the election and fix all our current problems
    Johnny,

Porque no, Trujillo?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe that you should not judge the past and current presidents. It is not them, but the government structure that is messed up. That is why there is so much poverty. We have people employed by the government, getting paid to do nothing. That their performance was not that good, do not blame them, blame the people because por querer estar pegao' will do anything!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Well lets see we have:
    Hipolito
    Fernandez
    Peynado
    ???
    It's one of these 3 choices or none, Hmmmmm, I would have to say Hipolito is in power and can control a little bit more the farce, But Fernandez knows how to play the game with finesse, Peynado is a walking dead duck, so that leaves the only choice:
    Hipolito Mejia, because the PRD has always had the upper hand in votes all the time, they couldn't win years back because the party in power prevented it from happening via grand fraud, but today those tools albeit avaliable, are only able to be used in a very small scale, the only time PLD had the power was because the US gov pressured the Balaguer gov to step down(they gave fernandez all their votes which was illegal by the signed treaty of all Political Parties prior to the elections) on the grounds of military or embargo intervention, so it seems, rather it's the PRD who'll take the seat again, be a with a named Hipolito or God knows what.
    One Dominican at a time please!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

i think that Hipolito will bail out Why? 1. too much pressure from the average joe.

2. if people in the DR realize what is going to happen if he's back in office shoot will hit the fan.

3. the corruption in this government has been to obvious too many businesses closing their doors, poor judgement and who the hell will want some idiot that can't even speak in power.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast