Lost Cedula/licencia /// Cedula Y Licencia Perdida...

M

Meng

I just lost my wallet, and will try this week to obtain my cedula (ID) and license, which are my most important ids.... i knew this was a pain to replace several years ago but what about now?? what should i do? First for the cedula, i have to go to the JCE where i got it, and show them what kind of Identification?? AND how fast can I get it???

Then, for the licencia, where do I have to go?? I dont have to take the exams again do I?? And how fast is it to get these things replaced.. THANK YOU!!

He perdido mi licencia y cedula, pero no se que hacer... porfavor los que hayan pasado por este problema, diganme que hago, y cuanto dura para poder reemplazar estas formas de identificacion... GRACIAS!!

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Ouch! No, let me say that again, OUCH!.

First go to the police (Palacio de la Policia) ASAP and get them to certify that your documents are lost. From my sister's experience I believe that you'll then have to go to the JCE and get a new one with the paper that the police will give you.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
I forgot. If you are not in Santo Domingo, go to the local Police station.

About the license I don't know, but I would guess you'll need your cedula first. If you have a copy of your license it will be easier to get yours back, if not... don't despair, somebody that knows better will surely chime in soon.

Last edited:

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Lost Matricula

A friend of mine lost or was probably stolen her Matricula (the car registration documents). What should she do obtain a new one? The car is a brand new Mitchubishi Nativa SUV.

Thanks in advance

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Drake: Your friend has to publish a notice in the papers, in the Section where lost Certificates are published. Read one of the locals and you will see how they do it..
It is pretty easy. Then you request a new one.. but you have to refgister with the cops first, then publish and then request..

HB

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
Lost Cedula/licencia

1. Lost C?dula:

According to the decree 4587-59, you have to go to the police (Secci?n de Denuncias y Querellas del Departamento de Investigaciones de Cr?menes and Delitos) and get a certification stating the loss of your residency. Since you need to know the number of your c?dula, it is a good idea to bring a copy (if you have one).

With the certification (and I recommend also with your passport) you go to the Junta Central Electoral. If you are lucky, you will show up in the system and they will issue a new c?dula. If you do not show up in the system, then you should contact an attorney.

2. Lost driver license

According to the decree 4587-59, you have to go to the police (Secci?n de Denuncias y Querellas) and get a certification stating the loss of your driver license. You need to bring your c?dula.

With the certification you go to the Direcci?n General de Tr?nsito Terrestre.. If you are lucky, you will show up in the system and they will issue a license. If you do not show up in the system, then you will have to start all over again.

Julio & Chris