family reunification

Rosanie

Sep 20, 2002
hello everyone.

my husband and I are in the process of going through Canadian Immigration to get him permanent residency status. we have been patiently waiting for November when his review date is scheduled. we applied in March 2002. I am writing to see if anyone else is going through this process right now or anyone else that has successfully obtained the necessary documents to have their spouse here in canada.

i have heard of people getting into Canada within 6 months and others have had to wait about a year. some have used bribes and others have gone the traditional route.

i would like to have an idea of what the average waiting time has been for others and if the majority have people have had interviews.

the process, as I am sure others can relate, is quite unnerving and tests my patience everyday. i know that we are not alone and if you have any related experience I would be eager to know about it.

i appreciate you taking the time to read this and look forward to any responses I may get from this posting.

Rosanie:classic:

Rosanie

Sep 20, 2002
Thank you to all who responded. It is good to know that not only our application is taking a long time but others as well.

In regards to the briibes....I am well aware that bribes will not work with Immigration Canada but I have heard stories about people doing it. I put that out in my post to see if it would solict a response perhaps from someone who HAD and was willing to share that experience. Nevertheless, I would never consider bribing any offical.. I am too chicken :nervous:

thanks again !