Need wood flooring & furniture

DLS1

Sep 25, 2002
I am traveling to the DR from the USVI next week in search of custom furniture & wood products (doors, furniture, wide plank flooring) for a project here in the VI. Any referrals of furniture manufacturers, iron works, woodworking shops would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! (small artisans & craftsmen also appreciated!)

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Check out Castib? in Santiago...They make beautiful furniture.

Castib? Muebles Artesanales
Carr Luperon Km 3
Santiago
(809) 581-6874

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I would suggest Nouel

Nouel Nacional has a complete line of furniture and flooring. There are others, as well. VON is the very pricy line that is posular with businesses.
there are many others including Aleksander on Calle5 of the Jardines Metropolitanos in Santiago.
For rattan and bamboo furniture there is Bamboo and Rattan Navarette, run by Tito Bueno. There is Artesan?a Ratan run by the Sang family.

There is a little place up in Los LLanos in POP province that does outstanding work, but I would have to show you where it is. I can show you some of their work and then you decide if you want to go there...

The DR have some excellent artisans...

HB

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Hillbilly
DOES THIS PLACE IN lOS llanonos make custom furniture i just brought a waterbed bladder back and need someone to make me a bedroom set if the workmanship is good and the prices reasonable

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
if you can show them a picture and give them some dimensions, I am sure that they can make them.
A friend of mine furnished his new house with their stuff. It is just two minutes from my house if you want to see some of their work.
The factory is just about 25 minutes away. Nouel is 5 minutes..

HB