First time in DR

lavitaebella

Sep 25, 2002
Hi,
I posted on this site a few months back but anyway I finally made reservation to the Bavaro Palace we will be there Oct 11, I have been checking the weather everyday LOL and so far every storm seems to stay away from Punta Cana..... I was reading the section regarding what to bring and since we will be there in October I'm assuming the weather will be still fairly hot during the day but what about at night? How cold does it get? pack umbrellas for thundershowers?
Grazie

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
No need for umbrellas...

... there is cover everywhere at the palace in case of showers. What you will expreience however is tropical weather, quite possibly a little rain, but never for extended periods. Usually the sun comes out right away! You've selected arguably the nicest property in the whole country. Enjoy! For more info send email.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I doubt very much that you will be bothered by the cold. Dominicans and expats who have been here for awhile feel the changing seasons, but very few visitors do--especially since the weather they find here is much warmer than what they left.

PS: If it gets down to 75 degrees, I'm cold. But I doubt that you would be.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Gee Ken...when it gets down to 75 at night I put the down filled comforter on my bed...:)
A light sweater will do Lavita....just something to cover bare arms because the "sereno" will evaporate and make them a little cool!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
MommC said:
Gee Ken...when it gets down to 75 at night I put the down filled comforter on my bed...:)

I haven't found a down filled comforter to be necessary as yet, but I wouldn't give up my flannel blankets. Spend enough time living here and you are ruined for ever again living in the north during the fall, winter and spring.

lavitaebella

Sep 25, 2002
Grazie...

Thank you for the replies, this is going to be a surprise trip for my 10th anniversary ... wife still thinks she is going to Vegas LOL I'm not going to tell her til we need to use our passports at the airline counter LOL, anyway since is a really short trip .. just 3 days I will pack 3 bathing suits and summer clothes for her in my lagguage, Imodium (for her..), tylenol, sunscreen am I missing anything? First time packing by myself LOL I want to make sure I don't forget anything.... shall I bring some formal stuff for dinners?
We love seafood and I'm hoping to get some good stuff down there....
Ciao e grazie a tutti
Thanks to everyone

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
bug spray!
I've heard short pants are an indication that you are a tourist. They are tolerated for tourists, but locals wear long pants, skirts, etc.
Have a great time.
ciao
mk