empleada needed

lhtown

Jan 8, 2002
Does anyone know of a good empleada looking for work? My friends are returning to the DR in a couple of weeks from the states and need someone to help with general housework and perhaps some cooking. They have four children(no babies) and live just off the Duarte highway coming out of Santo Domingo. They need a lady who can work full-time(not live-in) who can communicate in Spanish or English. She will have to work fairly hard but will be in a good environment, and she can expect to be treated well receiving a normal wage.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
I think the question is "What do they consider NORMAL wages for a maid/cook/babysitter who speaks Spanish OR English and will have to work hard ?

lhtown

Jan 8, 2002
Please excuse me if my English was too difficult. My apologies. As was mentioned, it is fine if she can speak English OR Spanish. It is not necessary to speak both. Also, it occurs to me that a normal wage for a person would come out to be about ...say maybe about normal for the capabilities demanded. By the way, in this case, hard work has nothing to do with bad treatment and everything to do with keeping a household of 6 going.

rasilm

Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
How much are they willin to pay?

How many hours per day, how many days per week, duties? Maybe I can get you some one but you need to be more especific.

lhtown

Jan 8, 2002
more specific qualifications

The most important and difficult qualification is that they are honest. Thievery will absolutely not be tolerated. Also, the wife is not a slave driver and can find it difficult to be really strong with someone. Because of this, my opinion is that someone who has a very strong personality would probably not work out long-term since the wife might feel like she was overriding her. In general, it might be that a Haitian lady would work out best assuming that she could at least communicate in Spanish. They need someone to work in their home home doing laundry/ironing and cleaning and perhaps some cooking. Age really is not important. If the lady is a good and willing learner, they could teach her most of what is required. They are a very sweet family(three girls and one boy) and I think they would treat a good empleada almost as part of the family. The hours are somewhat flexible, but five days a week from 8 to 5 or something like that is what they are thinking. She would need to arrive on her own (about KM 171/2) of the Duarte Hwy. Wages are negotiable. Although they don't have a great deal of money right now, they try very hard to be fair and reasonable.