Sosua Getting Ready For Boom Times...

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
I hear that Sosua is getting ready for explosive growth. New hotels are going up and homes are going up in value. Lots of activity right now in Sosua...that is what I hear. Like getting ready for Christmas or something.

But, reading on here I see where homes are selling at about what they were a year ago.

Can anyone living in Sosua confirm the increase in activity in the Sosua area.

What Is The Main Attraction In Sosua? I always thought the Caberete beach was much better.

And what are those little stinging bugs that float in the water there. Last time I was there I got stung about three times.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
The main thing going on in Sosua at the moment is the new Starz Resort project. One of the planned hotels is finished, the 50-room 4-star Victorian House. This is not an AI. Partially completed is the 193-room 4-star Sosua Bay Hotel. It is partially open now and should be fully so by the first of the year. This hotel is AI. Planned with work said to be starting soon is a hotel that will be French run and have a kosher kitchen. This hotel plans to focus on the Jewish market and capitalize on Sosua's rich Jewish history. (Sosua started back in 1940 as a colony for European Jews escaping Hitler.) This hotel will be 4 or 5-star.

The Starz Resort project also includes many shops along the street leading down to the beach.

One positive sign of the Starz Resort's influence is the fact the city park now has two maintenance men assigned to keep it clean. It is now a pleasure to walk through.

For the Starz Project to be successful, more must be done to spruce up Sosua than to clean up the park. It seems ready and able to face up to this challenge.

Have there big changes other than this? Not yet, but there is a lot of long-missing optimism that better days are ahead for Sosua.