Another golf trip

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
On Tuesday, last, I received Cleef and Felipe at the Hillbilly Hovel. We enjoyed some coffee and juice and took off for Playa Grande.

Felipe had never been on the road to Jamao and was really enthralled with the vegetation and every now and then some of the local "flora" if you get my drift? It is a fairly long drive and there were lots of flowers, even in the rain.

By the time we got to Playa Grande, the sun had come out and we were ready for some golf. We hit a few practice balls and I saw that Cleef could really pound them down the line....Felipe was pretty much a novice, and much too excited.

The 18 holes went by all too quickly, and I really think that the course lived up to all my hype....Some good shots, some really awesome tee shots and even Felipe got in a few good shots that made the day. Like with most first time visits to PG, the beauty is distracting, the vistas too strong on the senses, but we sure can look forward to the next one!!

There are two pictures over in the media gallery to testify to the day.

I want to thank both Cleef and Felipe for a wonderful day. They are good guys and better sportsmen.

We saw two accidents on the way back, one an overturned truck and the other, two cars that gave each other a kiss while they tried to avoid some of the craters in the road.

Note to Cleef: I did that road in the daylight, in a Blazer, and didn't do much better!. There were no 'escape' routes around those suckers!!

HB, with gratitude.
Golfer.gif

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
The vistas are still distracting me to this very day. I hope to have some pictures up in the media gallery soon too, as soon as Robert ends his weekend. Whenever that may be.

Thanks again HB, you're a great host - good thing we had the new Michelens, those potholes are brutal.

gbelcher

Mar 29, 2002
Golf trip to Playa Grande

Hi there Hillbilly, We have corresponded a few times about 4 or 5 months ago when I was first planning my trip to the DR. Well the time has come and I will be flying in to POP on Saturday October 12th. I would like to meet you and maybe play some golf and savor some of your fine cigars. We will be staying at Villas Jazmin and will be there thru the 19th. Get back to me and let me know what is happening and how I can get in touch with you when I get there.

Thanks for all of you help
Jerry

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hey guys! I went to Tamboril today and they fixed those holes!! The ones where the wreck was are all filled in as well as the next few sets. Yes folks, here, the potholes come in sets, just like waves,....

HB :)

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
HB- from the looks of your icon you have lost a few pounds and gotten younger! Still have that smooth swing though.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Randy E said:
HB- from the looks of your icon you have lost a few pounds and gotten younger! Still have that smooth swing though.

There is a difference between an icon and a photo, Randy. If you want an action shot of HB, here it is:

5455.gif