Booking a car rental online

Rosanie

Sep 20, 2002
Has anyone booked a rental car online for use in the DR?

I just did on Saturday with Budget and I got a pretty decent deal. I am only hoping that the office in DR will get my reservation request and a car will be waiting for us at the airport. Apparently there is a Budget office at the POP airport - I have never seen it there in all my visits.

I usually rent a car from private companies in DR - its quick and simple but they dont take visa, dont offer any useful insurance and the cars about 10 - 15 years old ! fun for a day or two but my family is coming to DR for the first time and I want to make sure that we have a reliable vechicle to show them around the island.

Any related experience you want to share would be great information for me! Thanks and Have a good day!

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
Online Car Rental Booking

The first several times I was in the D.R. I booked online and had no problem when I got to the airport in POP. If you used an Amex card for the booking you don't need to take their insurance but I would suggest you get additional insurance in the states through AAA. Much better rates! Also, make sure you have tons of $ room left on the card you booked with because they want to have the assurances that you can pay! At least twice the amount of the rental. The rental cars are nice but the drivers in the D.R. are nuts. The car rental offices are right outside the arrival door to the right. Good luck!!!