2 tumbs up for the new santiago mayor!!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Has anyone noticed that almost all the potholes in all major streets of santiago are patched and maintained on regular bases? yes, thanks to the new santiago mayor (Balaguer party); that?s the first thing he did when he took over the office from the departing PRD mayor. In the first week, he patched up all the holes and broken down streets in santiago. Now he is ripping up side walks on my street and re-finishing them from the scratch. Wow, that was unimaginable a few years ago.
Upon mentioning all this to my friend from the opposing losing party, I received a rather less enthusiastic answer: "what do you expect, the mayor is a well known gay....you know....how creative and organized they are....like women...."
I understood this disappointment and jealousy of the new mayor as I remember him putting in sub-human number of hours of work in the campaign of his candidate.
My answer was plain and simple: "if that what it takes to get things rolling in santiago, then more power to the Bun-pumpious.....hahahaha..."

HeidigM221

Aug 29, 2002
Road reparations

Road reparations are going on in all parts of the country, especially Santo Domingo. It has nothing to do with the mayor, it's Hipolito's doing...
Bridges and roads that were left 'half done' are now finally being finished...
There's a road that's being built that will supposedly make the trip from SD to Samana a mere hour, as opposed to the 4 hour dredge!
See,, DR Tax Pesos at work.... And no one wanted el Peaje to go up....
hehee ;)

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Yeah tax $ at work take a drive between playa dorada and sosua
i wish they didnt do any repairs at least i knew where the bad spots were then,then again el burro dont know that roads between tourist destinations and airports should be maintained

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Santo Domingo to Samana in one hour?

That would be some fun to watch.We could sell tickets to ESPN.That would be better than "NASCAR" at Daytona! Do you realize the speed you are talking about? What a JOKE! COLON

HeidigM221

Aug 29, 2002
uhmm.. I think YOU'RE the joke, Colon

Do you even know what's going on in your country?
The reason it takes forever to get to Samana from Santo Domingo is because there isn't a direct road. The Distance from Santo Domingo to Santiago is further, and i get there in an hour and a half ! WHY??? El autopista.
Taken STRAIGHT from Dr1.com :
Travel News - April 8 - 12 2002
An hour and a half to Samana
President Hipolito Mejia broke ground yesterday for the new 120-kilometer Santo Domingo-Samana highway, which will cut 76 kilometers from the present shortest route to get to the northeastern vacationland. Today it takes four hours to drive from Santo Domingo to Samana. The new route means significant savings in time and fuel. The highway is scheduled to be completed in three years.

So much for ESPN
:cool: