ATM's vs Bank Office

mne01

Sep 5, 2002
What's the difference between getting money from the desk in a bank and getting it from an ATM? I know my bank charges me everytime I use an ATM but I suspect that the bank would charge me for the office service. But how much? And what about the exchange rates, are they the same?

Also, aren't there any ATM's that allow withdrawals of more than RD$3000!!?

Thanks,

mne

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
mne01 said:
Also, aren't there any ATM's that allow withdrawals of more than RD$3000!!?

Yes. It depends on the bank. I have never used an ATM that had a RD$3000 limit. The machines that I've used had a 4-5000 limit. Banco Popular, for example, allows withdrawal of $5000, then lets you immediately make another withdrawal to get more. I have never checked to see if I could get another RD$5000, but I have gotten as much as RD$3000.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
mne01 said:
What's the difference between getting money from the desk in a bank and getting it from an ATM? I know my bank charges me everytime I use an ATM but I suspect that the bank would charge me for the office service. But how much? And what about the exchange rates, are they the same?

An advantage of using the card in the bank is that it eliminates any problem of having your card hung up in a machine.

With respect to the exchange rate and fees, I have no knowledge of how they compare. I suspect you'll end up about the same no matter which option you choose.

The machine is usually faster and gives greater flexibility