Best Pizza In DR...

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
I want to know where to get really good pizza in the DR. Interested in Caberete, Santiago, Santo Domingo, Puerta Plata areas. I occasionally travel to these areas.

So...

What is your favorite pizza parlour?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
The best Pizza is sold on tuesdays and on thrusdays: Domino's pizza, 2 for the price of 1 deal. Other than that, Pizza sucks here.
P.S. Nothing like the NYC pizza.
Oh wait, I almost forgot, the best pizza (in my opinion) is the pricesmart pizza. Its sold by pie or by slices. Its the closest thing to the NY city style pizza. Pricesmart is the equivalent of costo in DR

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Tony C said:
Domino's = V8 juice on wonderbread!

I AGREE WITH YOU ON THIS EXCEPT ITS NOT V8 AND WONDERBREAD ITS JUGO DE TOMATE LINDA AND PAN PEPIN

FOR CABARETE GO TO BLUE PARADISE BEST PIZZA IN THE D.R IN PTO PTA TRY ROMA 2 IN SOSUA ISLA BONITA:cool:

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Snuffy

If you are going to Sosua,there is a restaurant on the main strip across from the scuba dive shop--I cant remember its name(jazzcom,Ken,Eddy?) but it has really good pizza.I live in nyc and agree with azb about nyc piza being the best but this place was good..It cost about 80 pesos for a BIG pizza(plenty for 2 people).
ILoveDR

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Hey Johnny,

Is Blue Paradise located at the east end of Caberete? Last time I was in Caberete there was a guy remodeling his pizza place. Wondering if that was it.

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
I will have to go with Esso Tiger Mart in Puerto Plata and Sole Mio in Costambar.

Pizzarelli is pretty good too especially at an Aguilas game

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
I don't know if it's the same one A.J. is talking about...but I had a GREAT pizza...freshly made... (around 3:00 a.m. after dancing bachata all night!) at a GAS STATION in Puerto Plata...we ate outside sitting next to our car...WHAT A GREAT TIME!!!

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Pizza in Sosua? Ehhh, let's see: El Molino accross from the bar (They have a decent basic one). I used to go to the Italian restaurant next to Rocky's. (Used to be pretty good) The place was sold and I haven't been there recently. The Morua Mai "Special" is pretty good if you like thick crust and "if" they have all the ingredients. (A little pricey) but you get a good portion of shrimp. I'm sure there are others, but my cholesterol and trigleceride levels won't let me shop around anymore. Hell they don't even let me drink much anymore. LOL.

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
Most pizza, is just pricey in general in the DR, it is such a luxury food. Just like buying chips, RD$40 a bag! Craziness.....

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
If in Samana, the small restaurant next door to the Tropical Lodge Hotel has very good pizza.

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Come on guys...I'm talking the best pizza....where is it...I'm not talking at a gas station. I'm talking New York Style Pizza like New York or Brick Oven Pizza with an awesome crust...and awesome toppings and no skimping on toppings...and no low quality toppings or sauce.........and not something you judge after being out partying all night and getting the munchies....I'm talking the Best of the Best....where is it....you take one bite and you say......."aahhhhhhhhwesome".

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Hands down....Tiger Mart. Yes, it's a little Pizza-Hutty and the ingredients are probably bought frozen. But the alternative is sooo lame. (Tiger Mart's version of pica pollo is to die for too.)

Meredith - bag of chips for $40RD? Holy rip-off, batgirl! The little teeny bags are $3RD and the big are $6RD - aren't they?

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
Jane J....

Nope in the supermercados, they are RD$40 for a big bag! The same for Tostitos salsa or any luxury like that! We had a big fiesta, and treated the boys to some chips. It's true!

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
It may suprize you, but the Pizza Hut on the Conde has good pizza. It's the closest I've found to New York or even Chicago pizza. And besides, who ever heard of putting CORN on pizza as I've had with many DR pizza restaurants.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
If you're in Juan Dolio stop in at L'angolo Italia. Calabrese style pizza that's really good.
The guy from Naples at Pizza Napoli in La Romana makes the best wood oven pizza (in a real wood oven!!). But when we were there in Feb/March he had gone back to Italy for some surgery and while the pizza was still good, it wasn't quite as good (I mean Napolitano's INVENTED the pizza!!)

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Anna Coniglio said:
DO you remember how much the pizza was???
After reading some of MomC's posts I would guess the pizza was around 7 or 8 thousand pesos per person.Am I close MomC?Thats without propina of course which you always leave in cash.
ILoveDR

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
Vesuvio in SDQ.........brick oven.....cheap too,,,,,,,and i'm from NY,,,,,but the best pizza i ever had was from Pizza Regina, in the North End, (italian neighborhood), in Boston......and i must say that Vesuvio is right up there with Pizza Regina........the owners of Vesuvio are italian...........
i hate domino's and all the other fast food chains being in the DR....,,,,they suck hard dollars out of a poor country........i will not patronize them........
in SDQ there is (or was) a McDowells hamburger place that looked just like a real McD's,,,,,,,,,,,i bet it made the folks at McD's pissed and i so truly love that.....
enjoy
michael lesawyer

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Vesuvio pizza.....Yuck! They may do pasta and seafood really well but when they opened the pizzeria we went once!! Hated it!!
Pizza at L'angolo Italia will cost you about $120 pesos per pizza and we find that one is suffiecient for two ppl as a snack (with appetizer or salad) otherwise they're individual pizza's.

(Anna & ILoveDR - you obviously haven't read the last page of AZB's Rich Dominicans! :) )