Latin Music Search Engine

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
I have been searching for a great deal of spanish music, especially new music from my last trip to the R.D.
Is there any search engine, that is specifically for latin music or has a wider range of it?
Thank you in advance :confused:

chicker

Jan 1, 2002
This is not an endorsement

These are not search engines, but I've had success buying from Djangos.com which I think is in New York City. Their selection is HUGE, I mean HUGE. They also sell a lot on Half.com but you have to register to buy there and give up a credit card number.
I've also bought from Megadenda.com which is located in the Basque country of Spain. If you buy there, spend the extra Euros on Airmail. I once waited 2 months for a shipment. No joke. Two months.
These are not endorsements and anyone is free to disagree on these recommendations.
I collect latin ska, so I've searched all over the net, because that's a fairly narrow niche.
I'm interested in anybody else's recommendations as well.

Mike B
aka st louis mike

Meredith

Jan 24, 2002
Thanks St. Louie....

for the suggestions!!!
Does anyone else know of any, where you don't have to buy????

Theresa

Vettehead from Buckhead
Jan 16, 2002
I was given www.kazaa.com from some friends of mine who listen to salsa and merengue a lot. I haven't downloaded it yet but I hear it is good. I used to use audiogalaxy but I had trouble with that a while back.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
If you only want to listen to music you can always go to the 24 hr music program in paltalk

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Kazaa...

I would recommend to anybody to NOT install Kazaa in their computer unless you want your computer full of viruses and spyware...The same goes for Morpheus, I-mesh and a bunch of other P2P applications. If all you're looking for is music then download a program called blubster which is really good. It's like the old Napster. Its only problem is that the membership is still not as big as Audiogalaxy's used to be, before they got shut down, so you may not be able to find everything you're looking for all the time. If you want other types of files (I.e. Videos, pictures, etc) then use Limewire.

debs

Jun 10, 2002
Another good one is WinMx.

I found almost all of my favourite songs from my last trip to DR using it.

Good Luck!

chicker

Jan 1, 2002
My error for immediately thinking 'buy.'
I don't do downloads.
I like getting the packaging that has the words
as I am still learning the language.
Besides, I have 3 teenagers who constantly download.
We must have 500 CD-Rs lying around our house, unlabeled, uncased, underfoot. I'm threatening to take a garden rake to the livingroom and put them all in the trash--uh oh. I took off on an anti-teenage rant, again.
I am so looking forward to my trip to Santiago in December. Can you tell?????????
SLM

Meredith

Jan 24, 2002
Thanks for all of the suggestions....

I already have WinMx and KaZaA... but I will try out blubster. Thanks!!!!!

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Nothing to do with this thread...especially since I am totally against downloading music from the net...The artists don't get a dime for all their hard work this way...but anyway...

Does anybody remember when you guys were teenagers?

And do you remember how your parents treated you at the time?

Try to avoid the same mistakes...and you'll survive...That's what I did with mine...

Just a thought!;)

Last edited:

Meredith

Jan 24, 2002
But Musicqueen....

I am not in the D.R, how else can I find and download this beautiful music, you can't find most of it in stores here in Canada. Also, the artists get a lot of new fans from the net and I know myself if I personally love the artist I will still buy their original cds.

Now, back to the thread, hee, hee......

Winmx is the only one that is clean, all the others contain spyware.
And Anna is right Paltalk has some great 24 hour music rooms.<br>

And as for the artist MQ, they deserve to make a living but not millions like some are getting, a 10 cent piece of plastic and cd box 10 cents and music sleeve insert 2 cents and a big in studio burner, then sell them for 24.95, The artist gets about a buck a cd and the publishing company likely $19 profit, worst thing of all just about every CD has about 20 songs on them and only 1 or 2 are any good. I know you work at a radio station and play their songs but do you get paid big $ for playing their music.
I will listen to what I want, in fact just bought a new(portable) mp3 player with a 20 gig harddrive and rechargeable power source that connects into my stereo and computer, state of the art, works fantastic.
I also agree if I am not in the DR I cannot find any good music merengue or salsa at Sam's.

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Meredith, next time your in T.O. check out College St. or even go into the club. They sell them there.
By the way I downloaded Kaaza and two mins later found 19 spyware in my computer. I deleted the whole thing but still have a little icon showing that I'm connected and can't get rid of it.

Wud...winmix will not connect for me. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Meredith

Jan 24, 2002
Do you have the newest version of WinMx? If you don't it will not let you log on until you download it.

Where on College St. Anna? I can not find some of the newest stuff, but I don't really want entire c.d's.
I need to find La Loca, by El Mezclador and the new Mala Fe song and Banda Gorda song. Havent' had any luck anywhere!!