1st time in D.R.

Frakey

Oct 2, 2002
my family and myself will be travelling to the D.R. late Oct and i am wondering what factor sun cream would be advisable for a pale brit. We are staying in the Talenquera in Juan Dolio and are realy looking forward to it. Also can any one give me any tips on dive schools around Juan Dolio:cool:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
If you are a pale Brit and don't want to burn, I'd recommend 30 or more, if available.

I've noticed that we seem to get two types of visitors: those that are concerned about sunburn and protect themselves accordingly, and those who feel their vacation was a failure if they don't go home with lots of color, even if they look parboiled.

Enjoy your visit.

urlaub011.gif

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
There is a dive school right in Talanquera. Neptuno's! Also at most other resorts in the area.
I'd send ya to a friend of ours (or even take you if we were there) but he's visiting us in Canada for Christmas and right now is in the US visiting family.
Make sure you take the Catalina Island trip (I think around $85US but don't quote me). Do both dives at the Wall and the Aquarium. You'll love it!!

Frakey

Oct 2, 2002
Thanks for the info Ken and Mommc, we've heard some good and bad reports on the Talenquera but we are still looking forward to our holiday.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Well Frakey....it's not the best in Juan Dolio but it's not the worst either!! Anyone we know that have stayed there have had a great time! Just don't expect a "palace" for a "king or Queen" and I'm sure you'll have fun too.
Run a search of the archives Key words Juan Dolio and you'll find info on places to go outside the resort. Do get out and see some of the small village.......and try to make it to Guilia's Cafe for the Monday night "party".