*** Electrician ***

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Can anyone recommend a good electrician in Santo Domingo?

Someone that actually knows what they are doing and doesn't just
carry around some PVC tape and a pair of pliers.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Originally posted by Robert
and doesn't just carry around some PVC tape and a pair of pliers.
OUCH!

::hides PVC and pliers::

That's the US$64000 question. I found a good plumber, good electrician is the next milestone in my life.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Call eddie nunez (the inverter guy). cel: 856 8029. He speaks good english.

lhtown

Jan 8, 2002
I have started doing my own electrical work since I would like to live a long, healthy and happy life. I am helping a friend put in an inverter right now and the accumulation of problems from 20 years of electrical work are nothing short of astounding. Sorry, I can't help, but I sure understand the need.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Yes, it's very scary some of the work I have seen here!

Trying to fault find some of the birds nests is a nightmare :(

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
What kind of installation are we talking about here, Rob?

there are some good companies that do do good work...The tape and pliers guys are known as Chapuseros...

HB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I do almost all my electrical work in DR. I brought all my tools with me from USA.
Tell me what type of work you are doing and I will let you know if i can help. If its just external work ex: installing inverter and running power to PC, putting on light fixture and switches, then we are not talking about rocket science here. However, if you have to remove old wiring through the inside tubing of the walls and require breaking walls and running conduits for new wiring, then I am afraid you are on your own. I would still recommend calling eddie. He will be able to help you out. I am sure.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I can do most of the work myself, and have up until now.

But it would be nice to have someone on call when I don't feel like crawling across roofs and removing chunks out of walls.

AZB - I will call Eddie Nunez and see what he has to say.
Maybe he knows a good electrician.

I already have an invertors expert here, ex Trace Engineer and by far the most knowledgeable guy I have met relating to inverters. Yes, he's American and works in the Colonial Zone and also posts on DR1, Jimmy :)

darling

Sep 3, 2002
electrician

I have a very good guy Marcelo. Doesn?t speak any English and my Spanish is very basic, but he is streets ahead of anyone else I know here.
He?s pretty busy, as you would expect and you have to be prepared to talk about all subjects under the sun prior and after the work (he likes to chat) , but it?s a price worth paying.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Re: electrician

darling said:
I have a very good guy Marcelo. Doesn?t speak any English and my Spanish is very basic, but he is streets ahead of anyone else I know here.
He?s pretty busy, as you would expect and you have to be prepared to talk about all subjects under the sun prior and after the work (he likes to chat) , but it?s a price worth paying.

Email me or post here his contact details.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Sounds to me that you need an electrical contractor (constructor) more than an electrician....There are some good guys there isn SDQ...
HB