Jaracaboa fishing

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
What kind of freshwater fishing is there in the streams up in Jarabacoa?I did an archive search on this subject to no avail.I will be traveling up that way in Janurary.Also curious if anyone knows if I can rent fishing equip in jarabacoa and if you need some sort of permit or license.
ILoveDR

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
No fishing to speak of in the streams around jarabacoa. I knew some guys who were thinking about stocking some of the rivers with trout but it became obvious to them what would happen if they did. The Locals woul have snapped them up as soon as they put them in.
For freshwater fishing in the DR your or bet is to hit some of the Reservoirs(Presas) Down in the Valley. Those were stocked with Largemouth Bass. The Locals don't seem to like them too much so they are thriving.

Tony

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Thanks Tony

Tony..do I need any kind of license or can I just go fish wherever I want to?
ILoveDR
PS--what do you use for the bass when you are there?

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
jazzcom said:
Roll bread into balls and put it on the hook.

LOL Jazz you must be one hell of a fisherman! No License needed for Freshwater fishing. East of Carratera Duarte near La Vega is the Presa Hatillo. This reservoir is quite large and is well marked on most maps of the DR. Just find a nice spot and cast away or pay sme local to take you out in a Yolita!

Tony C.

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
GRACIAS TONY,Scotty you know what you can roll into little balls and what you can do with those little balls