Cat eating Dominicans

Status
Not open for further replies.

scaramooch

Dumb as a box of rocks!
Oct 1, 2002
A while back it was posted on this forum about Dominicans eating cats as a delicacy, I wonder if the practice still exist, also I like to know from those who have eaten cats, what does it taste like, and what wine would you recommend to compliment the dish.

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
relax smootschi

I think that must have been going on in those cathouses which, thanks god, are a thing of the past now.
X

scaramooch

Dumb as a box of rocks!
Oct 1, 2002
I see alot of people suffering from dislexia here, having the tendency of reading things backwards. lolololo

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Most Dominican men don't eat Pussy!

That is why you see so many Dominicanas choosing American men for lovers and husbands!I have been told this by thousands of Dominican women,and even by cab drivers! CRISCO

Theresa

Vettehead from Buckhead
Jan 16, 2002
Wrong again Criss. Once you go "dos lenguas" you don't go back ;) I took your adivce and went for it.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
[B]scaramooch[/B] said:
I see alot of people suffering from dislexia here, having the tendency of reading things backwards. lolololo
Yeah, just like there are a lot of dislexic people posting here. "Cat-eating Dominicans" is not the same as "Cat eating Dominicans".

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
I know that in other cultures such as China and Thailand, cat eating is considered a delicacy, as long as with eating dogs. I am not sure about la Republica Dominicana though.....

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
scaramooch said:
A while back it was posted on this forum about Dominicans eating cats as a delicacy, I wonder if the practice still exist, also I like to know from those who have eaten cats, what does it taste like, and what wine would you recommend to compliment the dish.
Do you shave them first or boil them till the fur comes off:confused:

Apr 26, 2002
Eaten, yes. By poor folks. Delicacy, definitely not. How many ferril cats have you seen in the DR? Not many, huh!

You Americans and Canadians have eaten it too - at your neighborhood Chinese restaurant. Tastes just like [fill in the blank].

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Again with the Cat eating crap?
I heard all of those stories when I lived there. I had a standing offer of $100.00 US for anybody who would take me to a house and show me a family eating cat. Guess what? Nobody took me up on that offer.
The reson why there are not many feral cats in the DR is because they use so much Rat poison. Every month when they finnaly pick up the Garbage they usually toss in a brick of Strycnine. The rats nibble on the poison then the cats eat the rats. The poison builds up in thier systems. Then they crawl off an die!

BTW what Criss said is true!!!

Apr 26, 2002
Seen It!

TonyC,

I saw a boy carrying a skinned cat hanging from a stick on the beach in Barahona. I asked him what he was going to do with it. You know the reply. I suggest a prompt retraction of the $100 offer, lest I offer to pay your Caribe Tours fare to Barahona. I believe I'll come out ahead in the bargain.

And, frankly, it looked more appetizing than mondongo (no offense, Mondongo).

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Anything is more appetizing than Mondongo!

Did you see his Family eat the Cat? Do you believe what everybod tells you?
My offer still stands.
Rules of the offer:
I have to see them Kill it, Skin it, Clean it and Cook it. Then i have to see a family eat it. Min 4 people, all related. At least one must be Female. I must be allowed to photograph it.
That is to keep just a group of idiots from doing it just for the money.

Apr 26, 2002
TonyC,

Adding a few rules, aren't we? What next: Notarization by the Junta Central Electroral? Blood tests at the Clinica Abreu for the family to prove they're related? Zoologist's report to confirm the species?

When a kid who has gone through the trouble of catching and skinning a cat and stretching it on a stick tells me he's going to eat it, yes, I find it fairly believable. Either that or the kid has a really strange fetish.

Boy, you'd swear I rocked the foundations of the country by suggesting anyone would eat cat!

Enjoy your chicken kung pao.

Status
Not open for further replies.