Hotel Howard Johnson, San Pedro

GHABG

Oct 8, 2002
Your help is appreciated. I will be attending an event in San Pedro de Macorix soon and I am interested in any info any of you have regarding the HoJo's in San Pedro. Or, for the matter, any other recommendations for a stay in San Pedro proper (not Juan Dolio, Boca Chica etc). Thank you, AO

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
HoJo's

I have stayed at Howard Johnsons in San Pedro a few times and found the hotel to be nice. The service is good with some English speaking staff. The food there is quite good and you should be comfortable there. I met a group of firefighters from New York there and they were having a great time in San Pedro.

Apr 26, 2002
Hotel Macorix

The Howard Johnsons was formerly the Hotel Macorix, one of the dozen or so hotels constructed by the dictator Trujillo. I stayed there in 1989 - a real low point for the property. I've heard it's fine now.

GHABG

Oct 8, 2002
Thank you Dulce and Porfio, I expect I'll enjoy my stay there although it is for only one night. I live in Santo Domingo and love the DR, but I've never been to San Pedro except in passing through. My previous opinion has been that it must be the motoconcho headquarters of the DR. Thanks again, AO