Rocky's in Sos?a expands

richard

Jan 1, 2002
Marc Beland has announced on the Yahoo Sos?a group that he has completed moving Rocky?s Bar and hotel from its old location into what was once the Oasis Restaurant next door. The Oasis was once a main gathering spot for the Jewish refugees who migrated to Sos?a in the early 1940?s and until recently was a Mexican restaurant. Marco is a firm believer in the future of Sos?a and it is certainly evidenced by the way Marco continues to invest and expand his business. Together with bars like Eddy?s, Lou?s and the Britannia Pub anyone visiting Sos?a will find many ex-Pats doing business who believe in the future of Sos?a. When you visit Sos?a stop in and meet these business people they would all be pleased to extol the virtues of this little piece of paradise on the north coast. Rocky?s by the way has a great menu; the prices are low and without fail you will receive a great welcome.

http://www.rockysbar.com/
http://www.eddysportsbar.com/

See you in Sos?a

Richard
:cool:

abe

Jan 2, 2002
The Mexican Restaurant?

You must mean the one that had the occasional Mexican folklorico shows, right? Did they relocate anywhere on the North Coast?

richard

Jan 1, 2002
mkohn said:
Thanks for the great suggestion.
mk
You are welcome Mary. I know you have seen so many changes in Sosua over the years most likely going back to when you lived in Santiago. What I find refreshing is the positive attitude that Marco , Eddy and many other business people in Sosua show. Rather than sitting around griping about the AI's they are facing reality, taking el toro by the horns and continue to be so optimistic about the future of this little piece of paradise on the north coast. To Abe, yes that is the place but I have no idea if they are relocating elsewhere. Possibly someone who lives in Sosua would know the answer to that question? Later I will post some other suggestions for anyone contemplating a visit to Sosua. It is a great place to vacation whether one is staying at an All-Inclusive or one of the many fine small hotels.

see you in Sos?a.

Richard:cool:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
where is Eddy's bar? I have looked for him all over sosua but can't find him anywhere in the main area. Can you please give directions coming from playa dorada area, entering sosua. Please don't give me north-west corner BS :) Thanks

richard

Jan 1, 2002
AZB said:
where is Eddy's bar? I have looked for him all over sosua but can't find him anywhere in the main area. Can you please give directions coming from playa dorada area, entering sosua. Please don't give me north-west corner BS :) Thanks

Sure turn left at the Texaco station, go one block and turn right on Pedro Clisante (the main street) go about 2 blocks (maybe 3) to the City Hall street (Ayumiento), the Super Super Liquor store is on the corner. Turn left and Eddy's is about 150 metres on the right side. A long green building.;)

Have a couple for me please muy fria por favor

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Thanks richard, I will sure drink to your name. watch out eddy, AZB is loose and will give you a pre-emptive visit soon.
Now what was that angel's name that's making ILOVEDR go banana crazy??

Tony Cabrera

Sep 24, 2002
To all of Eddy's friends, I agree with Villa Trina (Moca), I will be going there on my next visit to DR......

richard

Jan 1, 2002
The original post sort of changed durection but no mater Eddy and Elena are special people so the more people look them up, the better it is.

see you in Sos?a
Richard;)

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Sorry Scotty but Beautiful Bodacious,babealicious Bianca,only has eyes for me,in fact i was in to see Eddy last night for awhile he is going to propose THE PTO PLATA REUNION BE CHANGED TO HIS PLACE,Bianca was soooooooo smokin as usual

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
So wait a minute, do i have to take a number on bianca? I mean, how many people have the hots for her? Damn, now you know why I hate puerto plata / sosua so much, so much competition by so many dollar spending gringos. Now with a 13% predicted fall in peso value, AZB is pushed even further back in the line :(
By the way, are these girls waitresses there or simply hang out to attract love-striken puppies like us?

Last edited:

richard

Jan 1, 2002
AZB said:
So wait a minute, do i have to take a number on bianca? I mean, how many people have the hots for her? Damn, now you know why I hate puerto plata / sosua so much, so much competition by so many dollar spending gringos. Now with a 13% predicted fall in peso value, AZB is pushed even further back in the line :(
By the way, are these girls waitresses there or simply hang out to attract love-striken puppies like us?

Eddy's Angels are waitresses but I thinkyou will find Eddy treats these young ladies like his own daughters and watches out for them in the same way.;) In other words, no funny stuff.;)