De parte de una Haitiano-Dominicana

Lindita1978

Oct 9, 2002
Hermanos y Hermanas,

It's the first time I'm writting here. Yo soy Yamile, una negra sabrosa de Montreal (Canada). I'm 24, working full-time for a cell phone compagny and studying part-time to become a language teacher (french and spanish mainly). I'm Haitian (yes! you read it well: H A I T I A N A:cool: ) pero tambien Dominicana from my grand-mother (una Dominicana orgullosa de su sangre como nadie) and Afro-Cuban from my grand-father (who was mxed Cuban-Haitian-born in Cuba,raised in Haiti).

I've been to DR and know enough about my dominican blood to be able to talk here.

Let's set the record straight: I'm not here to have friends

:angry: I'll speak up my mind! I will hurt some of you with my words, sorry, but I'm talking the thruth.

I've been here since 4-5 weeks, looking and reading the post; saying to myself sometimes: "Good idea!" "Well said!" but often also saying: "Que vaina!" "What a stupid! No se puede!" etc....

Something I didn't get was the way you...us...Dominicans were talking about Black peoples especially los Haitianos.
-...they are Africanos... (like we weren't!)
-......most of them look African....
-...our African blood came from them....(que vaina, no comments)
and oh yes! my favorite
-...we (dr's) are descents of Tainos and Spaniards mainly... Hehehehe INCREIBLE!
;)

Did you guys ever notice that peoples never say "Afro-Dominicans" when they are refering to us? Strange,no? When we know that they use to say Afro-Cuban,Afro-Colombian,Afro-Venezolano/a.

WHY? DIGAME!!!!

:surprised

Because the word Dominican say it all. Yes we...you are (in a whole) lighter than the Haitians, the Jamaicans, the Barbadians but a population of 75% of Mulattoes and 11% of Blacks (which comes to a big...big...86% of "Coloured" people) IS Black in the head of any North American or any European that you will ask.

We...You Dominicans are Blacks; 86% is not a vain number but we have la locura de ser Blancos/as because our neighbors (Haitians) who are oooooh-so dark and ugly
:laugh: make us believe that we are, in a certain way, a Caucasian sub-division, sub-class. Hahahahaha!

(not finish I'll be back...)

Lindita1978

Oct 9, 2002
De parte de una Dominicano-Haitiana(part II)

(back!)

Haiti, Dr...Same ol' thing!

Go to Haiti. You will see los hombres salivate when they see a light-skinned woman walking down the streets. No wonder why Dominicanas are so popular down there. Dark-skinned Haitian women killing their skin with all those stupid and expensive soaps and creams who (they wish) will give them a mulatta tan. Forgetting that to be a Mulatta you have to have the silky hair and the face features tambien!

Now pass la frontera and here you are in DR: the country were Whites are dios y diosas! Alla it's not about being the "the lighter the better" (like in all the other African diaspora countries) the rule is "The Whiter the Better". Women will dye their hair blond (when they have the money to afford it-ahora podemos ver a Negritas rubias all over la Capital. Hahahahaha!) and will try to find a White foreigner who will fall in love with their "exotic" (no doubt) look, give them a visa and will mabe marry them. Of course, he will give them some little Blanquitos/as (or mulattito/a if they are very dark) that they will show as trophees when they will return in their campos on vacations.

Dominicanos will be smarter

;) . They'll travel to USA,Canada,Francia o Espana, will go out at the beginning with 2 or 3 Dominicanss and/or Latinas to finally claim that these women are evils when they are in a foreign country!:laugh: Will find a fine little White woman of the country (who are by the way very receptive to the Latin charm...) and will marry her. Afterward they will learn her how to speak not only Spanish but "Dominican", will learn her how to dance suavemente, to cook un mangu total and will go back home (DR) with her so there toda la familia will be amaze by her beauty and how well esa Blanca is sooooo like a Dominican woman. Hehehehehe! I know what i'm talking about on this one 2 of my cousin have done it lately. :D

(not finish be right back)

Lindita1978

Oct 9, 2002
De parte de una Haitiano-Dominicana (Part III)

(back with my chocolate bar:p )

I look Black. I may have long baby fine curly hair and fine lips, my curvious hips and mi piel de color canela quemada (like my granma loves to say) speaks for itself...Black...Descent of Africans brought in the Caribbeans 400 to 450 years ago (talking about our island). I...We...You...can't hide what is obvious. So many of us...you...were been raised thinking that the words Black...Haitian or Africa were curses.:( . This stupidity have to stop. I'm talking because I am from both bloods and live this imbecilidad every day.

My cousin,Amarilis, cannot claim that she is White. She is green-eyed, she is very, really fair-skinned, she have "la nariz fina" BUT she have kinky hair. My little sister cannot claim that she is Spaniard....She have straight hair (no perm), fine-bone "caucasian-peoples" body BUT she have juicy lips and a large nose. Africa is in her face ,like it is in my skin color and in my cousin's hair. We are Black, Afro-Latinas. No matter how straight and fine is our hair, how light and fair is our skin and even how tiny is our nalga
:). We are hijos/as de Africanos! De Blancos y de Indios (i doubt this one...) tambien lo se eso PERO de Negros tambien...We tend to avoid this part too often I think....:(

The funny with us Dr's is that when Africa have missed to have a part of our feature hse got another one. I have yet to meet a "TRUE" Caucasian-Dominican. Not an Italian or Spanish looking Dominican that every one calls Blanquito/a because they are the lightest 2 miles around.:) No a real straight-blond hair blue eyes or red hair green eyes with the Caucasian body and the complete face features. africa is always there somehow...

I knew a White-Dominicana (Angela) we were working together. She was from La Romana her maternal grand-parents had immigrated there from Italia, her dad was a trigueno-kind of Dominican.Blue eyes,straight blond hair, fine face features she was often mistaked for a French-Canadian from face you could make the differences but when you looked closely to the body you could spell the word: NEGRA. All the curves were there, name it no one missing.:laugh: She was always making jokes about how a White woman can have that big ... Hahahaha! ...a good Dominicana this girl....Thinking about our many laughs...:p

(hands hurt I'll be right back for part IV)

Lindita1978

Oct 9, 2002
De parte de una Haitiano-Dominicana (part IV)

(Back! Now with a hot pastel..mmmm...):)

This part is for Golo "El tonto" (the only descent word I could find to post here...)

I have read all your stupid comments on the post "Can i ask about Haiti?" and I was wondering did you ever went to Haiti? I mean you talk con so much "inteligencia" about this country and it's nation that I was just wondering.....

Not surprisily (like almost the majority of the anti-Haiti writter here) you have never been there.... It as fool as me talking about how Vietnamese are idiots (because my neighbor is one...very idiot one...) when I never been to their country and don't know a isht about their culture. I would be the first stupid if I was referring at one person or a group of person to make my opinion out of a nation.

...Haitians are Africans...they are primate.....blablabla y blablabla.... Have you ever gone to Haiti? If you can afford the trip i suggest you to go to the cities of Jeremie and in the Petionville area. Down there you will often (if not always) ask yourself if you have pass the frontera. I was working with a White-Haitian, Beatrice-another one with whom I have laugh more than work...:)...-(and when I say white I mean WHITE-red hair-grey eyes-even the body was Caucasian.) I almost fell off my chair the first time I heard her speaks creole. Her type represent only 5%(400 000 peoples only) of our nation. I asked her if she was Haitian and she answers me the equivalence of De Pura Cepa in creole. She was born from 2 Caucasian-Haitian parents and had immigrate in Canada at the age of 8. She was Haitiana and she was White? ....Curioso heh Mr. HabloDeMierd.....
Hey Senor Inteligente! Do you know the writer and poet Alexandre Dumas? (we never know...you can know him...) Do you ever see what he looked like? Now learn that he was born in Jeremie buddy! Jeremie, south-west of Haiti, old bastion de los Frances. Nowaday, they're still some Caucasian there but the major part of the population are Mixed. Go...go...You will see yourself.

....There is no DR's prostitutes in Haiti...Haitians cannot afford them....blablabla y blablablabla....Hehehehehehe! Let me tell you a story cono. My granma is always telling me that when she was living in Haiti (from the year 1941 to his she marry my granpa until his death 1991-she is now back in Barahona her homeland) even if he had a lot of love for her my granpa wasn't at ease all his life to say where my granma was from. Peoples used to say: "Omar, your wife she is from Cuba like your mother?" and he was all embarrassed to answer: "No she is from DR...." She told me all of sudden there where some looks and some "smiles". She couldn't help but being sad, she is a beautiful, precious,wonderful and strong woman but peoples was mistaking her for one from Port-au-Prince.
For a lot of Haitians, Dominicanas are put....., in their head it's all they are good to do. A Dominican woman married with an Haitian men is often named "saved from Port-Au-Prince" which means that she was a .... in la capital who found a man stupid enough to marry her. Yes there are Dominican prostitutes in Haiti (next time you go around la capital ask for the "Carrefour" barrio and you'll tell me which language the women living down there speaks i-ight?)

.....Beware because Haitians will invade us again..... I'll be short on this one. When you have nothing to say callate it will be better for you. People will still think that you have some IQ!

.....Haitians are ugly.....Now I think you are exagerating on this one. they might be- in general- a littlebit too dark for your personal taste but ugly is a big word to describe a whole nation don't you think? No they are not ugly. There are some like in every pueblo. (I know myself some freaking ugly DR's) . Yes they are generally dark-skinned and if darkness is a minus then they got -1 but besides that they are wonderful peoples. Being poor does not help (I can agree) but once they have a little bit of money. Haitians-Haitianas particularely can beat out a lot of nation when we talk about beauty. Look at them more closely and you'll understand what I'm talking about. Dark...Maybe...but also very pretty...especially when they smile.

I have nothing coming in my mind now so I'll rest your case.

(I'll be back tomorrow for final Part V)

By the way ,Golo-tonto, plz come up with some intelligent lines if you want to reply to me ok? At least try.....

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Lindita...how about posting a picture so we can see that "... curvious hips and mi piel de color canela quemada"

Tony Cabrera

Sep 24, 2002
Lindita, you are quoting yourself when you said in one of your paragraph:"for a lot of haitians, dominicans are put....". Oh oh I just wonder then what nationality do you claim?

Tony cabrera here's being curious, hehehe

El Jefe

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Enough Spanglese, if you want to be taken seriously, pick one language and use it...cut the verbosity. Short and simple works much better...just a friendly suggestion.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Lindita" Lets get it ON!!!!

You are just the kind of independent,confident woman that really turns me on!!! That and your lucious lips,curvacious hips,and "Burned Cinnamon" skin! We could pass by my Bachelor pad in "La Fe" when ever you are ready!If you get pregnant it would be great,we will "Mejor La Raza" Dominicana and Haitiana at the same time! CHRISTOFER C

JROD

Jan 3, 2002
Dead Rat !!

Who gives a dead rat?? You people belong on the other side of the River Masacre.

Theresa

Vettehead from Buckhead
Jan 16, 2002
I don't expect Golo to say anthing bad in response to this. In fact, Lindita, he may hit on you. On one of his last posts his plan was to impregnate every Hatian in the DR so that they would be more Dominican. First hit was going to be his sister's new maid. I'm not making that up. I think he's busy right now.

Jwb

Jan 10, 2002
Que linda

Marvelously put. Your usage of idioms, spanglish and french creole just turned me on.

Rarely, do I print and save a posting, This one made the list. I plan on reading this to my Chilian / Haitian cousins, and save it for my Domincan/Haitian daughter .

You go girl.......

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Lindita you make my heart sing

Ignore all those morbid replys (only crisco got your rhythm)

This is what makes DR1 so interesting every once in a while there comes some fresh breeze and and makes all those lamos run for cover.
X.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Lindita...don't pay attention to what some of the posters say...
I think this is the first not only intelligent but also very real and down to earth post on this subject...
Please give us part V...and whomever doesn't care for it, doesn't have to read it!

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Lindita

Finally, we get a Haitian broad we can hit on. I am ready to get you a nine month bulb to help eradicate and exorcize that 50% haitian-slave-african blood in you.

Let's get it on Ghanian export. And look, I have been to Dajabon and Loma de Cabrera more times than you have been to Petionville and I know stinking Haitians too well. I even had a thought of converting Restauracion's saw mills into meat grinders for haitians crossing the Massacre.

Hehehehe!

TW

D

Dubld

See below....I need some clarification here....what the hell are you generalizing about! How big a WHAT?????
And so what?

"No matter how straight and fine is our hair, how light and fair is our skin and even how tiny is our nalga

She was always making jokes about how a White woman can have that big ... Hahahaha"