Looking for a florist in Azua or Sto. Dom. for a funeral

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
Unfortunately my mother-in-law died of a sudden heart attack on sunday at the age of 42. My now husband who had only been in the states less than a month is back in his village. I will join him there next week for the Reso but my family would like to send flowers or something appropriate to the family. Does anyone know of any good florist that would either a) deliver to the campo b) be able to have this done by tuesday so I can take it with me? It is such a stressful time, I am trying to do this on my own instead of having his relatives help me out since everyone is mourning this sudden loss.

Any help appreciated! Also great if they had a website.

kj

DRtechie

"everyday is a holiday"
Jan 27, 2002
phiota.net
I know of a flower shop in Bani and I am pretty sure they'll deliver to Azua since it's not far at all. If they don't deliver then it'll be convenient for you to pick since you'll have to pass through there anyways. I'll find out the details tonight and e-mail you with it. Sorry to hear about the loss.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Sorry for your loss. there are florists shops in Azua: You should be able to find something there.

HB
PS. On second thought, you don't need flowers for the Rezos. Just coffee and something to eat. The flowers were used at the funeral. That is, unless she passed away inthe States and is just going to get back to the DR next week?

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
Thanks Hillbilly,

no, she passed in her village, so should I instead buy sacos of coffee and rice? and give it to my husband's family so they can serve those at the reso? I think at least a couple hundred of people will show up since she was well loved and my father-in-law is a former goverener of Azua. Her obituary came out in the Listin Diario on Wed. Haven't been able to see a copy of it. If anyone has a scanner and could email me a copy that would be great. Her name was Maria del Carmen Hinojosa.

Thanks
kj

DRtechie

"everyday is a holiday"
Jan 27, 2002
phiota.net
kjdrga,

that would probably be the best bet since I've only seen flowers at the funerals. I didn't have any luck finding the name and exact address of the flower shop. If you stop at the central park in Bani and ask someone there I am sure someone can lead you in the right direction. It's not a big town at all.

I'll see if I can get my hands on the wed Listin Diario for you.