Straight Flight D.R. to Toronto?

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
Just checking to see if there are any straight flights from the D.R. to Toronto. Does anyone know? I can't find one and it is a pain for Dominicans to get transfer visas! Let me know!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Air Transat a charter? And correct me again but I have read before that Dominicans can't travel on a charter flight.

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
Direct Flights to T.O. from Puerto Plata

I was checking flights by Air Canada and seems come the new year they will be offering flights directly from T.O. to Puerto Plata and I assume the reverse. I have had a long standing beef with them about not offering non-charter direct flights to Puerto Plata from T.O. when they offer non-charter direct flights from Dorval to Port-Au-Prince. Check the Air Canada website or one of the discount ticket sites.

Meredith

Jan 24, 2002
Thanks for the info!

Unfortunately, the new year is a little too late! The only flights that I can find have a lay over in New York or Philadelphia. They are coming for longer than 2 weeks, so a charter won't work. Any other ideas??

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Re: Thanks for the info!

Meredith said:
Unfortunately, the new year is a little too late! The only flights that I can find have a lay over in New York or Philadelphia. They are coming for longer than 2 weeks, so a charter won't work. Any other ideas??

You cannot even find POP on Air Canada's current schedule for any date so forget that and go TWOV via Miami. Since there are always a dozen TWOV DR passengers on the MIA flights it is not like they are unfamiliar with what to do. Either AA or the MIA staff.

I fly to DR from YYZ every other month and the only way to do it is with AA via MIA since the Continental one has a 45 minute connection ( good luck) and I am pretty sure US Air doesn't go there.

Meredith

Jan 24, 2002
It's all good!! Transfer visa granted access to the U.S. for the next 12 years! Nice, but strange!! Now, only to find a cheap flight in the next few days!!

latinaviation

Jan 6, 2002
This might solve your problem to get to the DR? Don't know if this is sold through Conquest, Skyservice directly or someone else? It will operate with a 144-seat A-319. Source is www.justplanes.com.

Skyservice applied with the US DOT for a weekly charter from Toronto to St. Thomas.
Skyservice is planning to operate a flight on Saturdays from Toronto to St Thomas returning via Santo Domingo with an Airbus A319 from 21Dec02 through 26Apr03.

Jerry

Jan 1, 2002
www.livinginsantiago.com
Meredith

If they can enter the US, then you might want to check the following. I live near Niagara Falls, NY and when I go to DR I fly both out of Toronto and Buffalo. USAIR flies from Buffalo to Phi to Santo Domingo. From Buffalo they could catch either Niagara Air Bus or one of the other shuttles that run between Buffalo and the Toronto airport. The return trip from SDQ to BUF has a tight layover (1.5 hours). I was able to clear INS and Customs and still have time. I sat at the front of the plane so I was one of the first off and was able to walk swiftly to INS and was not far back in the line. Customs went smoothly and I rechecked my bags right outside the customs door.

Jerry

Meredith

Jan 24, 2002
Jerry...

I'm right in that area as well, but on the Canadian side! Yes, we have checked into that option and it is looking pretty good, thanks for your help!!