Here's Part V

Lindita1978

Oct 9, 2002
Bueno...Here I am again...

Didn't knew if I would have the courage to continue my writting but I know myself and I had to continue what I needed to say, no matter what peoples think. Agree or not. I'm speaking my heart and my soul so I have to continue.

So like I had promess, here is my Part V coming at y'all!

Haiti is in a really bad shape since 15 years or so. The downfall of this country had begin with the departure of Jean-Claude-Baby Doc-Duvalier and cannot stop since then because every fuc$%# president they have since 15 years are craps. Duvalier was a bad and silly man but at least he was care about what el mundo would think about his people so he was trying to keep a front page of richness and happyness and then inside you had the book :cry: ... Under his rule, peoples had food and access to medications, they had some sort of education but besides that their freedom of speech was killed. Nobody was able to talk agaisnt El Presidente.... Now with Jean-Bertrand-La Mierda-Aristide peoples may have the freedom to say whatever they want, they do not have nothing, nothing! Nothing! Only the old rich families are surviving under his rule. This stupid do not know nothing except going on trip every fuc*&! month. The December 2001 coup should have worked so we could have kick this idiot out! Under him Haiti have felt to it's lower scale since the beginning of her history. The country looks like a no-man's land (except for some places), the nation is desesperate, the teenagers have no future .... It hurts terribly to see such ugliness in my then wonderful island.

Regardless, Haitians do not want any pity, they are still a proud nation, they know who they are and who they were even 200 years later... What they need is peoples (especially their Dominican cousins) to understand why the are doing what they are doing. By any means they try to escape their situation.

-Working on the sugar cane plantation of DR---Do you think they are idiots, knowing that when they'll arrive on the bateyes they will be treated worst than animals by their cousin-nation b/c they are what they are Haitians. No they are not stupid but money and food is their only legacy (as for any human being) they are ready to do anything to have some of it. Working as putas en Sosua, cane-cutter en San Pedro de Marcoris no matter what it takes, they need the money they'll do it.

-Take boats to Miami,Santiago de Cuba or Nassau (Bahamas)---They know in most of the cases they will be returned (less for Cuba but still...) to where they are from but they are giving themselves hope and wish to be that one who will have the chance to begin a new life.

-Do drugs on the streets of Port-Au-Prince---Easy money is the dream of almost everyone so why wouldn't it be the one of a poor little Haitian? They know they'll die of a sad death for that but at least they will have the opportunity to give their family a descent house, they'll get a brand new Jeep and will living it large for only one time in their miserable life. Drugs will help them to have a little of that so-called respect? They'll do it.

-Sale food, vegetables fruits and almost all they have on the border line vities of DR and Haiti--- Every morning these wome get up at 4 o'clock or so, take a tap-tap and go to one of those cities-Dajabon,Pedernales,Jimani- to sale what they have: almost nothing! But if this almost nothing can help them give their kids some food, some education....some life, they'll do it. They'll do it thinking about the kids they left at home this morning.

Like many of you have said before what is happening to Haitians is not the Dominicans fault. Not at all! But unfortunately DR is her neighbor country where everything seems successful so naturally they want to have some of that. Like Dominicans were doing before when Haiti was a country. DR was nothing 50 years ago but with a lot of work it become what it is now: a nice and wonderful country. There's still some poverty but at least every child can eat a descent meal and spell his name properly. Bad administration from the authorities and lack of education of the nation have put Haiti where it is right now. Will this country ever be back to her then beautyness? Only God knows...

That's it! I've said what I had to say. During my 5 parts I have made some friends and some ennemies. Regardless I have spoke my mind and that's the most important. In this part I tried to make a lot of you understand the Haitians motivation for doing what they are doing.

Yo soy una Haitianita de sangre Dominicano. Haiti es boca,Santo Domingo es mi cama. Haiti mi pena,Santo Domingo mi alegria. Haiti mami, Republica Dominicana hermana....

P.S.: Sorry for my mistakes. English is not my first or my second language so I still have some works to do... :laugh:

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
L INDITA

Im sure all this comes from the heart,it is unfotunate reality that what is going on cannot change until some other countrys get involved more than just financially,as for TITID everyone knows what happens when you bend ove in front of a catholic priest,one thing no one can take from haitians their great smiles and their hearts(i spent 3 months in hotel olafson during baby docs time and i had some great times and have some great memories:bandit:

Pavan

Jan 18, 2002
Man.......you are one frustrated woman.......!!!! I think you need to see a shrink!!!

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Hey missing

not so quick! read her post again and use your imagination by putting yourself in her situation.
You might come to a more sympathetic*) conclusion.
X
Edit: *)different

Pavan

Jan 18, 2002
Estabien X_man............the way I look at it is that the more noise you make about a subject the more it is usually detested and becomes an long lasting issue.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Histronic and with several historical errors. 50 years ago the DR was still better off than Haiti. Had a lot less people than now, didn't owe a dime to anyone, was growing slowly. Haiti was still in the Dark Ages, under Duvalier. Both countries were cleaner, neater and under dictatorships.
As far as I can tell, Haiti has never really had a "good" government. Like the DR, there were 'moments' of somewhat better management, but they were ephimeral.

HB

Pavan

Jan 18, 2002
OK Lindita,

All that you say is true. But hey....who elected those Presidents??? The people of Haiti......who gives them power??...the people of Haiti.....

This is what happens everywhere where there is a wrong government elected. Hey...even in my country....the dumb people elect criminals and then complain about hard times and rising crime rates.

When I read your posts I remember Jane Fonda....had no clue about the Vietnam War (War and not conflict as it is officially known) and parked her ass on the VC's tanks while her own countrymen were being tortured and killed within 500 yards of her.

This is just from a guy who has nothing to do by birth with Haiti, US or the DR.....just what I feel as an outsider to these nations.

What goes around..........comes around... BTW any Vietnam Vets on the board here??

Jim Hinsch

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
geocities.com
Don't blame the president because the people do no have food. You say thay have freedom. That's all they need. We all have our own path to carve and it is up to us to do what we can with what we have to work with. Just let us be free to do it.

If there is no place to earn money in Haiti (there is, you just have to be creative), then look at international trade to bring money in from wherever it is. That sounds impossible on an individual basis, but everything starts with a single individual.

Don't be so quick to give up freedom.

It is not the function of a government to feed and house the people, nor tell them how or where to live. The government is there to ensure your liberty, to facilitate projects that most lend them self to the collaborative efforts, and to be the voice of the collective. When it embarks on anything else, somebody is getting rich and somebody is getting poor, somebody is winning, somebody is losing, all based on something other than merit according to the collective.

Individuals need to determine what they can offer those that have what they want and embark in trade of goods or services. It is up to the individual to grow from such efforts and reap what they sow. If the system is against them, then use that knowledge.

There is no easy answer or magic bullet, but it all starts with freedom. You should demand nothing of your governemt beyond protection of that freedom, often in the form of good law and order, fair treatement of the citizens, and consistent policy that reflects the views of the people.

Pepe

Jan 1, 2002
missing

Put down your tecate. I think you are the one who looks like Jane Fonda here.
She may be voicing her grievances in the wrong place, but hey, I sympathize with her.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Lindita confirms all I have said before

That Haitians have lost their will and shame. They are mostly now a dependent state of people who beg for everything and who have not lost their slave tradition. With their dependence on Dominicans they are now modern day slaves, and Dominicans looking for cheap labor and people who would do almost anything to eat will be ready to accomodate them.

But Dominicans who continue to hire Haitian slaves are putting the future of our nation in jeopardy for the sake of saving a few bucks now.

TW

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Golo_man

you are the GLOBAL thinker here.

But what does that have to do with lovely Linda???

You are not blaming her are you ??

X.