What do you plan to do during the census?

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Here's what I am going to do on Friday when the National Census people knock on my doors:

1) I will turn on my 2000 watt stereo all the way playing some Vico C regetton music as loud as I can.

2) I will station a hungry Doberman at the iron gate

3) I will leave an open trash can with the garbage from the last 5 days at the gate. I will make sure I eat tuna fish so I can leave the rotten cans in it.

4) I will leave some cat manure for five feet on the sidewalk.

5)I will post a "not welcome" sign with a picture of Hipolito inside a Ghostbusters sign.

Remember, Census takers are being sent by the government to spy on you. Guess what questions they have ready: How many houses do you own? What else do you own besides the furniture we see here in this house? How much money do you take a month? How many cars do you own?

Oh I forgot! Borrow some clothes from the Salvation Army if you plan to meet them in your living room , turn on the stove, close the windowsand hide everything.

TW

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
Golo you probably won't be surprized to hear that during the last census, the first question the pair of beautifully coiffed young ladies asked us was "por favor, hay lapis?" After I went & got the pencil they needed, the second question was "do you have an ironing board.?" Incredible, but true! Canadian Bob.

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
Anna, in my dreams! "Do you have any sons, what are their names, are they in DR?" To my wife "how old are you" Then "My God she's old!" Absolutely hilarious!. Canadian Bob.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
This is no joke

Census takers, who will spare no even visiting foreigners and will have ready for you a total of 67 questions! This will be the equivalent of an IRS audit. They will ask you everything related to your home or apartment, how you got it, how much and how you paid for it, even how many times you go to the bathroom.

The beauty of all this is that the results will be thrown on a wastebasket, because our politicians don't know how to analyse this thing and Dominicans have a habit of lying under questioning and making things up. The 1993 Census was way off the mark, when there was at least a little trust in government.

Do you think for one minute that even if I let these jerks in my house that I would feed them the right information?

Take a holiday and skip it!! In fact these people are so hungry and thirsty they may drink you out of cofee and water. They will be dressed up in PRD white with white caps. What does that tell you?

TW

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
The census people can kiss my ***. I am off to a cofresi hacienda resort for 3 days with my new weekend wife and friends.
They can knock my metal gate till their knuckles turn red, AZB has left the building. Oh golo, I was saving my old garbage for them (with rotten chicken skins) to be left by the gate. Hahahaha

jojocho

Jul 10, 2002
I'm staying home 'till I get counted!

Corrupt government or not I believe that dominican citizens, as well as residents, have the duty to stay home and take part in this.

It amazes me how easy people take the day off and don't question that decision at all, but they refuse to do anything on their part to help with the original initiative that created the holliday, be it a census or elections. The day was declared a holliday so people can STAY in their houses and take part of the census. If you don't want to be counted then go to work and be productive for Christ's sake!

There's one thing I can be sure off .... if we all take a holliday then there's no way in hell there will ever be an accuarte census, so we have to start somewhere.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Stand up and be counted!!!!!

What is all this paranoia? They find out how many people live in your house,so what.The numbers will help get Free Money from the United Nations,and other international agencies to help the entire country.So,STAND UP AND BE COUNTED!!!!Cris COLON

S

Stephen

I can't believe that anyone would or COULD possibly take the census seriously. In Puerto Plata, at least, most of the people that they have hired to take the census can barely read, write or count. I know of at least 4 of the people that they have hired that cannot even write their own name. WHAT IS THE SENSE. It is just a big joke.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
hummm, if they can't read, that explain's the question " do you have an ironing board? ;)

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
During our "interrogation" the census girls had a blank sheet of paper so they just asked what they thought would be useful inquiries. Hopefully with 67 questions pre-planned there won't be any nonsensical ones.(Who amI kidding!). Canadian Bob.

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Just tell the truth,i will carefully explain my 18 children,no income sickly relatives,oops thats right i cant lie the haitian they hired(no shit)knows the family as he used to work for me,oh well maybe it will work like everything else around her which means it doesnt matter:bandit:

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
What to do?

Going to put on my loudest shorts, Santo Domingo Tee-shirt, sandles over calf-length plaid socks, fanny pack, sea captain cap. and a bright yellow plastic wrist band. Then will look blank at them and ask in English, what kind of cookies are they selling and if they can deliver in a week. Regards, PJT

Knowing my luck, they will say I look like a good candidate to help them take the census.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
the last time I wanted to say Juan Perez but they were former students of mine! Waiting for them.....

should be innerestin'
\
HB

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Jojocho

Nobody has ever seen or heard about the results of the 1993 Census. Nobody ever will. Even the government that handled it doesnt know where the stuff is.

What makes you think this is any different when all the people they hired were the flag wavers and motoconcho drivers who were in the PRD caravans campaigning? Have you seen the news interviews of some of the canvassers? They sound like they came from the Houssuinga Adult School for Low ID Waffers.

Be serious! This is another gimmick by the Bald beauty Hipolito to keep your mind off gas prices, La Junta Electoral and blackouts.

TW

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
I know a very good person that was hired, that did not fall in that category Golo. Actually, he was helping with the census in the bateys, as there are many Dominicans who also live there. Seeing how many people live there, their employment, income, etc. This is good that they are doing this, and to see how these people live, on the other hand, who knows if they will actually do anything about it.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Jojocho

In this case it is no apathy. It is more like lack of trust in politicians and their government. Just a thought. My pulse tells me that more than 30% of the people did not get "censured".

I have from first hand evidence that canvassers were unable to get into most luxury hi-rises, and when they did they found the apartments empty. The canvassers should have gone to Ocean Drive in Miami to interview them. In one location(The Alameda) more than 70% were not seen around and few canvassers were allowed in private homes by guards.

Many of the adults that were left behind to answer questions could hardly understand the questions since most could not read or write, and the same can be said of many of the canvassers.

I can almost bet that three months from now noone will ever hear again about this census, will not care and the stats will be useless. And even if useful the government wouldn't know how to analyze it.

TW