Sports bar Santo Domingo

GHABG

Oct 8, 2002
The best place....hmmm, the only place that I know of that has a sports bar is the Jaragua Resort. It's pub is named Champions. It has lots of TV's, capable staff, and a nice ambience. I'm sure there are others in town but I am unaware of them.

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
The problem is im told is...

...that it doesnt open until 6 o'clock. NFL action starts at 1 o'clock. Isnt that asinine?

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
I'd double check that about Champions, I'm almost positive it's open for the first games.

How about the Beer house on Churchill. At least one gargantuan screen, but I think that's the only tv.

Get Direct TV's Football Package. The greatest thing since Peanut Butter met Jelly, and got it on.... the bread.

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
Champions opens early for football.

There are sports books all over town with multiple satellite TVs, just look for the satellite dishes and the indolent beer drinkers sat on plastic lawn chairs out front.

GHABG

Oct 8, 2002
Mac---Champions opens earlier than 6PM. I ate lunch there on a Sunday afternoon in August. As for Beer House, I don't know about Sunday afternoon games. They have a large front projector screen that will not be useful for watching games during daytime. BUUUUUUT, I forgot to mention the Eagle bar in the Zona Oriental. It is a Dominican version of Hooters (but, open air). Very much worth a visit especially for a night game. Another option is Steak House Cafe. Lots of TV's but no volume. But they do play some very good background music. The food at each of these places is very good. As for the "sports books".......if you wanna hang out with tigres....... 'nuf said

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
Some of my best friends are tigres, especially when I get a flat tire at night!