Tono Rosario - November 2/2002

gonzaga

Mar 19, 2002
Tono Rosario Is Coming to Toronto

Wow! yes he's coming to Toronto, on November 2nd, at Regal Constellation Hotel (900 Dixon Road, near the airport). Tickets go on sale tomorrow, Saturday, October 19th. Phone Picante Xpress at 416-245-4907 for information where to pick up tickets $30.00 in advance or $35.00 at the door.

gonzaga

Mar 19, 2002
Anna,

It's not with ticketmaster but Pictanexpress. Not sure if he going to NY, Alexandra and Monchy went to NY after Toronto show.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
To?o Who?

Anybody who pays $30 dollars to see that clown would pay the same amount to see Cuyaya and the Rythmn Kings!

TW

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
To?o fans

To?o needs your help. He was just sentenced to pay $500,000 for back pay, vacations and other claims by former band members by a local court, and another lawsuit will be decided next week which will likely result in more penalties.

So buy your tickets now. The man needs it.

TW

D

Dubld

S'okay to say we are suckers for going but since we are so starved for live acts in Toronto, we have to take advantage.....
and that's $35 Canadian.....which would be a bargain for those in NYC who have better Latin clubs, bands touring through........
We need heat in November and this is one way to get it-for those of us that cannot be elsewhere ie la Republica Dominicana.

gonzaga

Mar 19, 2002
Golo,

Who cares about paying $30/$35, whether it's to cover Tono's overdue dues, as long as he gives up a great performance, and I'm sure he will. DBLD....ya, we sure do need something like this for our cold weather slowly approaching.

Celia Cruz is performing on Saturday. Golo, what do you have to say about her?

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
I just bought 2 tickets to see him in Mtl...He has 3 shows here and the one we're seeing is with another act called Estofa Band? Weird name.

But El Cuco! I luurve him.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Gonzaga

Do you want to know what I think about the living fossil, Tutankhamen's sister, the ugliest singer that ever lived and the one who refuses to retire using a million different wigs and costumes, the most overexposed lousy salsa singer of all time Celia Cruz? The one who Victor Manuelle said she got the Latin Grammy out of respect because she was an old lady?

No I better not give my opinion. Go see her man.You need it. I'll stick to Victor Manuelle, a pure salsa man.

TW

debs

Jun 10, 2002
$30/35 CDN is a steal!

My ex-boyfriend paid $30 US entrance plus $90 US for a table and a mickey of Johnny Walker for us to see La Banda Chula in NYC!

Yup, I'll pay $30 CDN to see Tono anyday!

D

Dubld

Golo_I agee with you woth respect to Celia. Man-she should have hung up her wig a long time ago. Saw her about 10 years ago and that was bad enough. (Free ticket).

gonzaga

Mar 19, 2002
Golo,

I'm not going to see Cecila, but everyone is entitled to their own opinions. There's seems to be nothing that you don't give an opinion on, HE,HE. I guess you have a lot of free time on your hands!

For those of us who like Tono Rosario, we'll party on. So whatever you may say or think, DOES NOT MATTER to us here in Toronto, Ontario.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Gonzaga

I am not trying to change your taste for music. You like To?o? Fine! But perhaps you need to expose yourself to the new. Even in bachata, which is just starting to bury the merengue, there is change at the top.

There was a time when the old timers dominated. Now there are bright young stars killing the old timers. The "in" thing now is Aventura. Even Raulin is sweating with these new boys.

Merengue is totally out in Miami. No one hears these merengueros any more. Hip Hop, Reggae and Regatton dominate the scene. Watch the top 10 videos in JAMZ, or Top 10 Tropical and you will see that there have not been merengue videos at Telemundo's programs, which set the standards for Miami. Even Elvis Crespo had to resort to reggae for his new smash merengue hit "Bandida".

Even songs made famous by Los Rosario in DR like "Mil Horas" has now been made into a reggae/rock spanish song that makes the Rosario version a mockery. Check out FM 94.1 Viva FM in Santo Domingo to see what's in. Best station in DR. Merengue need not apply.

In fact, why don't you try listening to a Cuban band called ORISHAS, their new album "Emigrante" and that will give you a taste of what tropical music is going to be in the years to come. This is a fusion of rock/reggae/salsa/guajira and rap. Their song "Que Pasa" has a monster video that made to #1 at telemundo's and all 12 songs are superb and trend-setting.

TW

gonzaga

Mar 19, 2002
Golo,

Thanks for the info, by the way Bachata is my number one music and dance, then Salsa, anything else in whatever order. As for Aventura, I've downloaded their music. I try and keep current on the new and upcoming artists.

As for Tono, we don't see a lot of spanish/latin singers here in Toronto, so when we have an opportunity, those of us who are interested, are there, at whatever pricel.