United Parcel Service

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
UPS has a Yellow Pages listing for an Avenida Abraham Lincoln address in the Capital. However, they do not indicate the street number. I want to save myself the cost of a toll call and connecting with someone who does not know their work address or cannot take the time for a phone inquiry. Therefore, does anyone know what the street number is or where or near UPS is located on Ave. Lincoln? Regards, PJT

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Jane J. Thanks a lot, will save me from some inconveniences. Regards, PJT

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
I'm not sure if I'm going to help or confuse, but I know of a UPS location within Western Union on the extreme lower portion of Lincoln (can't miss the tall, yellow Western Union sign).

I'm not even sure if it's indicated with any signage outside, just a window to go to, with all the other WU windows.

I've never used it, but it's active.

Hope this helps.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Cleef, I believe you are talking about the plaza on the west side of Abe Lincoln with the Vimenca operations that include Western Union. If you are correct about UPS being there, then finding it is a cake walk. Regards, PJT

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
DHL

Well Cleef, UPS is not located in the Vimenca Plaza. But, we were close. There is a TNT Logistics there, it that is of any consolation.

UPS is located north, just two blocks south of Av. Kennedy on the east side of Av. Lincoln at the intersection Av. Soler. But, the search for UPS was all moot. During my travels I fortunately encountered DHL Express on the south side of Av. Sarasota, near the corner of Jimenez Moya and opted to use their services.

DHL is one good case in this country where the employee(s) had something on the ball and did not display the stereotypical slow or no response to your presence. The fellow was pleasant, attentive, and intelligent, took all our shipping information and ?asked questions?. He had the cost up front, RD $485/US $25, and the scheduled delivery time. When his credit card scanner was not working, he took the time to phone the card information into the bank to complete the transaction. This morning (Mon.) the shipment is in the destination city. My wife and I are pleased. Regards, PJT