Inspection Stickers

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
I read today's report in the DR1 news about inspection stickers. Does anyone know the cost, where, and how to obtain one? Are newer vehicles exempt? Regards, PJT

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
You must pay 48 pesos (plus / minus a few pesos) in banco de reserva and then get in the long line to get the car inspected. Make sure you take your car ownership papers (photo copies) and your insurance papers. Once you get the papers to the stickers then head on to the place where they do inspection of your car. I went to the stadium (in santiago), where they were inspecting the cars. The lines were so long that It would have taken a whole day to get the thing done. I tried to get the sticker the illegal way but to my disappointment, all stickers were gone. When the stickers were finished, everyone was asked to leave and come back the next day. it means: if you were waiting inline for 3 hours, now you have to start all over again. Thanks to my buddy (a government official) I will have my sticker delivered to me in my office tomorrow. You want something done in DR, pay up to someone who can get it done the right way. In fact, I only prefer to get things done the illegal way. This way, atleast, the things get done the right the first time.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Count on spending at least another 100 pesos. They WILL find something wrong "Got me for 1 backup light" Go get it fixed and get back in line or pay the 100. Guess what I did.