Thanks for nothing

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
What did it say/ was it about?

I am not sure anyone will get this message's meaning. I don't.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I think he was refering to this post further down the list:
"Young, single and wanting to JUST LIVE (not invest or retire) in the DR...help! "
Regrettably he seemed as though he was going to start a barrage of anti American garbage by using words incompatible with the rules of this board, so the thread got closed.
DChavez2, if you want serious advice/help from the people who live here, you must learn some way of hiding your emotions more. In the DR, if you show such extreme emotions, you will either antagonise someone into knocking the living daylights out of you or become so frustrated that you pack up & leave without ever having made it here!! Try again with a bit of civility, less hostility & more desire to LISTEN & you may find your questions answered sensibly & with a desire to help. At present your desire to "Attack" anyone & everyone is showing through & you will get the full force of the board against you - not something that will help you get answers!!
Good luck with your new found self .......... - Grahame.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Ah yes, the "K" word and the "N" word

in two posts, well done Mr. Chavez. Not the sort of intolerance even in jest that is appreciated here and I'm not even American.

Best he stays home wherever that is.

mne01

Sep 5, 2002
It is obviously alright, however, to call Haitians, women, prostitutes and poor people all kinds of degrading things.

I must agree that I sense some hypocrisy in this.

mne

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
mne01 said:
It is obviously alright, however, to call Haitians, women, prostitutes and poor people all kinds of degrading things.

I must agree that I sense some hypocrisy in this.

mne
A prostitute is a prostitute..I dont know how you can sugarcoat that with a nice word(maybe lady of the night)?..And I havent seen any degrading terms toward poor people..thay are just poor.Also..a lot of people in the DR and on this board do not Haitans..just the way it is.Maybe you should just bury your head in the sand somewhere mne..you are too damn sensitive.
Larry

dchavez2

Oct 21, 2002
When did I say anything offensive? So saying that I think America is a rasict place is reason to have your post stopped?

I think that you all must've totally misread my post. I want to move AWAY from racial intolerance and social injustice. While I realize that this is all part of the human condition and is present everywhere, It seemed to be that the DR was a place where you were judged more on your merit and not your color and/or beliefs.

Shutting down something because it "may" be offensive is facism.
Plain and simple. And denying that there is both blatant and subtle racism here in the US is just pure stupidity.

Last edited:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Obviously this board isn't for you, dchavez. Undoubtedly on the internet there must be at least one message board that will be a better match. Adios.

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
dchavez2, don't leave, you can provide some flavor to this place. This board has gotten somewhat bland and boring.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
The DR won't be for you brother. They are much more racist in my opinion than the LIBERAL United States of America. Even the Goverment of the DR is RACIST in its passage of laws and enforcement of such. The DR is worse than the Southern States 35 years ago during intergration.

Look for another country and then once you find it another good idea for you is to start your own website so you can keep your posts going without being turned off by someone that doesn't want to read your disparaging BS abstractions. Then all your problems will be solved.

If you need any more advice just ask.

Regards

jbhermes

Sep 10, 2002
kkk

Besides, by posting something like "Amerikkka", the only people you truly offend are those of us Americans who AREN'T prejudice because those that ARE prejudice or belong to the still active KKK or other organizations of racism and bigotry are too stupid to read.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Then Don't even THINK about moving to the Dominican Republic!!

The entire culture here is based upon your skin color and the social status of your family.But judging from the "tone" of your posts,and that great big "CHIP" on your shoulder,you won't be welcome for very long no matter where you "run" to! Those of us who have lived in the DR for many years,didn't run "from" the United States, Canada,or Europe,(Well the Italians and Germans maybe!) we ran "To" the Dominican Republic! That makes a huge difference.If you want more fun,please start "posting" in your inimitable style on the "OPEN Forum",GENERAL section,we'll be waiting for you there!Come on over "BOY"! CRISCOLON

Lee-Lee

Oct 17, 2002
you should read the 'no venous blood' thread in the 'men/women' section.... it gets really intersting (re: racismn in the DR... factors to look out for - skin color, class)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Look kid: Aren't you the one looking to come here? How are you going to react when they call you " el negrito de Nueva York?" or wherever you are form> " Will you take kindly to being called "Moreno" Or "el gringo negro, ese" (pronounced nehgro not neegro)...there is just as much racism here as there is in the states and maybe more insidious. We have talked and talked about the why and where fores but we have not come to a good conclusion. It just "is" and that's it. If you have a chip on your shoulder you will get clobbered, believe me. Like a cold shoulder at a Jack and Jill Cotiilion...

HB

Last edited:

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
Yes, racism is very evident in the DR...

light skin dominican against, brown skin, brown skin against black, black skin against Haitians and the list continues... I mean here, they even have you in a category according to your skin type on your identification. Now, if that isn't racism, what is?

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Yes...I suffered from racism there. One time, I was walking down the street and I heard someone say "Diaaaaaablo, si no fuera tan blanca!" I felt so good after that, in all my whiteness, and headed straight to the beach.

:)

Jersey Devil

Bronze
Jul 5, 2002
I remember my first trip to Moca. I went for a run in
Juan Lopez. During the out and back course a woman
exclaimed "Ah, DIABLO" as I strode past. On the way
back a small group gathered in front of her house as
I ran past. That made me smile.
Racism exists throughout all shades of the
human race. If you realize that people who practice it
are ignorant, why not just move on or try to educate
others where possible. I try to think of a world where
we are one human race, and the way to make that
happen is to change yourself first. Then you can be
an example of someone who others will want to be like.
Someone who dosen't care about colors, but the truth.

If you are unhappy, it dosen't matter where you go.

Last edited:

mne01

Sep 5, 2002
ILoveDR said:
A prostitute is a prostitute..I dont know how you can sugarcoat that with a nice word(maybe lady of the night)?..And I havent seen any degrading terms toward poor people..thay are just poor.Also..a lot of people in the DR and on this board do not Haitans..just the way it is.Maybe you should just bury your head in the sand somewhere mne..you are too damn sensitive.
Larry

You are the sensitive ones. A lot of you happily join in on all the BS about Haiti and all the prejudice against its people posted to this forum but when this guy is expressing a bit of so-called "anti-american sentiment" you get really offended and his thread is cancelled.

I do agree though that dchavez should find another country to go live in. Racism and prejudice is permeating the DR. This forum is an excellent evidence of that.

All the best,

mne