Time Changes Sunday

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Saturday night/Sunday morning those on daylight saving time will set their clocks back one hour. Time will not change in the Dominican Republic.

I don't like to see the time change because it means that I'll not be seeing many of the TV programs that I now enjoy.

m65swede

Mar 18, 2002
Geez, I hate going back to standard time. It gets dark here in Illinois at around 6pm already!

I would support going to "Double Daylight Savings Time" - moving the clock yet another hour forward so it doesn't get dark so early. Nobody cares if sunrise is at 8 or 9am! :)

Swede

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I guess in our area, we concern ourselves with kids getting on school buses in the dark, so we try to push the sunlight in the earlier direction.
It is depressing when you get out of work, and it's dark.
mk

Mickey

Mar 3, 2002
I am scheduled to work from midnight until 7 AM tonight. Does this mean i'll be working an extra hour for free? I'll let you know how it goes.....
Mickey

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Mickey said:
I am scheduled to work from midnight until 7 AM tonight. Does this mean i'll be working an extra hour for free?

Make sure you are also scheduled to work in the spring so that you can make up for the extra hour tonight.

MrBean

Mar 24, 2002
Was it 2 years ago that Hippo tried changing the time in the DR? That was hilarious! I think it lasted about 2 and a half weeks. And I recall the reasoning being something about saving $$ on streetlights--I say, why not outlaw darkness altogether! That should save all kinds of electricity! Here in Tokyo, there is no time change, but the light is all crazy anyway. In the summer, it is light at 4:00am (found that out when I had jetlag) and now it is light at 6:00am but dark by 5:00pm... Nowhere is perfect...
I sure could stand some of that Dominican warmth and humidity just about now, though!

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Hope you've got room darkening shades there MrBean. And it won't get cold like in Canada... We should get our first hard freeze tonite in Wisconsin.
National Azabu has some nice turkeys... for Thanksgiving.
mk wishing I were anywhere but here.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
JOHNNY HONDA said:
Maybe hippo can explain to the world why its best not to change he sure found out quick enough

Don't you know, this is the land where time stands still. I feel like Ken, after a little less than a week of this exposure, the TV programs I enjoyed before the time change are on too late. Time for me to pick up the books. See if I get through the 10 volumes of The Story of Civilization before Spring. Regards, PJT